Knitting in the dark!

Old August 1st 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

Default Knitting in the dark!

In article ,
Georgia wrote:
Dang! I could so use those--except that I never knit with SPNs.

If you painted your dpns with blow-in-the-dark paint, and charged it
up for several hours during the day (or with a light on), you could
probably knit in the dark for two or three hours before they faded
entirely. That wouldn't be much use at 2 AM if you turned the
lights out at 9 PM, but it could get you through a dull movie.

=Tamar
Old August 1st 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One

Now that WOULD be handy....

I saw a pair that had a ruler printed on them...

"Richard Eney" wrote in message
: In article . ca,
: David R. Sky wrote:
: I already crochet in the dark - how about a crochet hook with a built-in mp3
: player or AM/FM tuner?? A talking GPS read-out so I can navigate strange
: cities? An altimeter? A biorhythm or horoscope diviner? How about one which
: correctly identifies the what kind of yarn I'm using - alpaca, merino,
: acrylic, and what color it is?
:
: I want needles that tell me what the gauge is with the yarn I'm using.
:
: =Tamar

Old August 1st 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
Mystified One wrote:
"Richard Eney" wrote
: David R. Sky wrote:
: I already crochet in the dark - how about a crochet hook with a built-in
: mp3 player or AM/FM tuner?? A talking GPS read-out so I can navigate
: strange cities? An altimeter? A biorhythm or horoscope diviner?
: How about one which correctly identifies the what kind of yarn I'm
: using - alpaca, merino, acrylic, and what color it is?
:
: I want needles that tell me what the gauge is with the yarn I'm using.

Now that WOULD be handy....

I saw a pair that had a ruler printed on them...

Yes, I was tempted, especially since they were nice and long (single points
only, that I saw, though). But wouldn't it be nice to have a talking read-out?

=Tamar

Old August 1st 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 03:37:58 -0000, Richard Eney spun a fine yarn

In article ,
Georgia wrote:
Dang! I could so use those--except that I never knit with SPNs.

If you painted your dpns with blow-in-the-dark paint, and charged it
up for several hours during the day (or with a light on), you could
probably knit in the dark for two or three hours before they faded
entirely. That wouldn't be much use at 2 AM if you turned the
lights out at 9 PM, but it could get you through a dull movie.

=Tamar
---

Paint, schmaint, you've got to powder-coat them!
I've a whole line of them, my own little invention.....
My now deceased chemist friend helped me out, I've been using mine for
about two years.
I've circs, dpns and a couple of straights....
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0631-0, 07/31/2006
Tested: 7/31/2006 11:11:57 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old August 1st 06, 05:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One

But... wouldn't that take the FUN out of it? g

Old August 1st 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I want needles that obey me!

When I tell them to "Shut!" I want them to be quite. I do not care what
other tricks they can do.

I hate all the beeps my computer makes when I do something different and it
thinks that I have made a mistake. Then, it beeps at me when I shut down
its sound system. I do not need needles that talk. I do not knit at the
recommended gauge, and I do not want to be told over and over that I am
knitting too tight. I want needles that do their job without *talking* back
at me! : )

If I wanted to do standard knitting, then I would get a "sweater machine."
Now, if I had a sweater machine, I would not mind if it was a regular little
chatter box of beeps and alarms. I would hook it up to my computer and they
could send alarms back and forth until they were both scared out of their
wits.
Aaron

Old August 1st 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
wrote:
I want needles that obey me!

When I tell them to "Shut!" I want them to be quiet. I do not care what
other tricks they can do.

I hate all the beeps my computer makes when I do something different and it
thinks that I have made a mistake. Then, it beeps at me when I shut down
its sound system. I do not need needles that talk. I do not knit at the
recommended gauge, and I do not want to be told over and over that I am
knitting too tight.

Oh, I didn't mean the recommended gauge; I want them to tell me the
gauge I am actually getting while I knit!

But yes, an on/off switch would be vitally important.
A continual repetition even of something useful would be annoying.
It would also eliminate knitting at meetings, lectures, and so on.

=Tamar

Marching towards fine knitting Yarn 3 July 11th 06 04:34 AM
YOur help needed please Norma Yarn 13 March 10th 06 11:19 PM
Up the old style knitting learning curve. Yarn 0 January 13th 06 09:41 PM
great knitting magazines Els van Dam Yarn 5 April 26th 05 01:00 AM
New UK Knitting Magazine - "Simply Knitting" Penny Gaines Yarn 5 April 6th 05 05:42 PM