OT Tired of rain

Old May 5th 11, 03:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
She in PA[_2_]

Default OT Tired of rain

I am so sick of no sunshine and rain. We have had only 5 all sun days
this year. I was tired of the snow but at least it is pretty. The rain
is dreary and I need sun. Even though I can't be in the sun it is nice
to see it. I'm wondering if it is still up there. Out of a 10 day
forcast tomorrow is supposed to be the only day without rain. I would
like to get top soil for my flower bed but there isn't any for sale
because all they have is mud. We have a frost warning for tonight.
Old May 5th 11, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Well, it was 88 today and 90 yesterday here. It is beautiful and sunny. We
haven't adjusted to it and boy is it uncomfortable. You are welcome to come
this way and we'll gladly share the sunshine. It has been beautiful out.
Lots of yard work though.
Taria

Old May 5th 11, 03:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

On May 4, 10:18*pm, She in PA wrote:
I am so sick of no sunshine and rain. We have had only 5 all sun days
this year. I was tired of the snow but at least it is pretty. The rain
is dreary and I need sun. Even though I can't be in the sun it is nice
to see it. I'm wondering if it is still up there. Out of a 10 day
forcast tomorrow is supposed to be the only day without rain. I would
like to get top soil for my flower bed but there isn't any for sale
because all they have is mud. We have a frost warning for tonight.

She, what part of PA are you in again? Either I've just stop noticing
or it hasn't been quite that bad here in central NJ. I feel for you.
Rain is a pain. Especially housebreaking the new puppy!

Kim in NJ
Old May 6th 11, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
She in PA[_2_]

On May 4, 10:46*pm, AuntK wrote:
On May 4, 10:18*pm, She in PA wrote:

I am so sick of no sunshine and rain. We have had only 5 all sun days
this year. I was tired of the snow but at least it is pretty. The rain
is dreary and I need sun. Even though I can't be in the sun it is nice
to see it. I'm wondering if it is still up there. Out of a 10 day
forcast tomorrow is supposed to be the only day without rain. I would
like to get top soil for my flower bed but there isn't any for sale
because all they have is mud. We have a frost warning for tonight.

She, what part of PA are you in again? *Either I've just stop noticing
or it hasn't been quite that bad here in central NJ. *I feel for you.
Rain is a pain. *Especially housebreaking the new puppy!

Kim in NJ

I'm near Pittsburgh.
Old May 6th 11, 04:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

Well, it was 93 yesterday, and 75 today with a great breeze.
sorry about your rain! must be that lake effect from Chicago!
stay dry and quilt much!
Old May 5th 11, 07:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

At least it's good quilting weather!
Our farmers would appreciate a little of that rain -April was too dry
again this year. But it's been lovely for enjoying the garden! You
should come visit!
Roberta in D, where it will probably freeze next week in honor of the
"Eisheiligen"

Old May 5th 11, 09:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

It's so dry here we've got heath fires. We are promised rain in the
next few days and maybe some thunder. It will be a change. The north
wind has made it cold, but it's been the driest April on record.

I hope you get some sunshine soon, and our farmers some of the wet
stuff. The peat fires will need plenty of rain before they are
successfully extinguished. I hate to see such waste, though I know in
the end the land will benefit with new growth.

And remember the old adage?

"Be it dry or be it wet,
The weather always pays its debt."

Going to be the wettest August, in that case. Oh joy!

Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old May 5th 11, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

On May 4, 7:18*pm, She in PA wrote:
I am so sick of no sunshine and rain. We have had only 5 all sun days
this year. I was tired of the snow but at least it is pretty. The rain
is dreary and I need sun. Even though I can't be in the sun it is nice
to see it. I'm wondering if it is still up there. Out of a 10 day
forcast tomorrow is supposed to be the only day without rain. I would
like to get top soil for my flower bed but there isn't any for sale
because all they have is mud. We have a frost warning for tonight.

Summer has arrived in the Southwest desert. Our temperatures are upper
90's.
We are tying and setting records for low humidity. Yesterday the
relative humidity
was reported at 2%, yes two percent. The weather man said that is the
lowest ever recorded
anywhere in the world. sigh.
At least we don't have to worry about soggy potato chips. g

And lots of sun.....

Pati, in Phx
Old May 5th 11, 07:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle G.

Here in South Texas, near San Antonio, we're in a draught and have water
restrictions on watering our yards. Temps in the 90's last week, although
we had a little cold front a few days ago and the weather has been nice;
back to 90's in the next few days. I would love some rain.
MichelleG

Old May 5th 11, 09:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

Sorry - its here! Warmest April ever and I've been in summer clothes for
over 2 weeks. We've even changed the duvet for the summer one.

Main problem though is no rain for the crops or gardens, and our sandy
seaside soil is just like the fine stuff you get on the part of the
beach. I've got plants I intended to plant during rainy April but the
rain never came.

Seems things are out of kilter.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 05/05/2011 03:18, She in PA wrote:
I am so sick of no sunshine and rain. We have had only 5 all sun days
this year. I was tired of the snow but at least it is pretty. The rain
is dreary and I need sun. Even though I can't be in the sun it is nice
to see it. I'm wondering if it is still up there. Out of a 10 day
forcast tomorrow is supposed to be the only day without rain. I would
like to get top soil for my flower bed but there isn't any for sale
because all they have is mud. We have a frost warning for tonight.

Tired, tired subject [email protected] Glass 27 September 26th 07 02:26 AM
OT way OT rain! Taria Quilting 23 February 13th 07 04:48 AM
Italian Greaseballs, she wants to grasp tired hats for Elisa's sunshine, Hungover Tired Animal. David Formosa (aka ? the Platypussy) Knots 0 May 4th 06 07:54 AM
Sunday rain glorious rain Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 23 October 20th 05 01:28 AM