Neutral Feedback

Old August 18th 03, 08:12 PM
Juanita Floyd

Default Neutral Feedback

Ohhhh! I'm really ventilated right now. I was just checking my feedback and had
a neutral posting from a recent customer. It made no sense. He said it didn't
look like enough beads as seen in the picture. He bid on 12 beads and I sent
him the 12 beads as seen in the picture. I am at a loss to figure out what the
problem is. Maybe he can't count to 12?? Anyway, the only negative feedback I
ever got in all the years I've been doing this was from a man too. Some guy in
Germany that thought I should wait 2 months to get paid. I think from now on
when I have a male bidder, I will figure a way out of the auction. )
Obviously they don't have a clue.

Thanks for letting me rant,
Juanita

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rvnsbrk/
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=rvnsbrk

May fate bless us all according to our deeds.
Old August 18th 03, 10:10 PM
Mj

I'd put a comment on that one, Juanita. Something like "Auction for 12
beads, picture showed 12 beads, winner sent 12 beads" Let your other
customers draw their own conclusions - like that bidder's an idiot.

Plus this guy left 22 feedbacks today for 14 sellers and out of those, he
gave two neutrals and one negative. I hope he never finds my store...

Mj

=================================
Marjean Cline
Halsey Trading Company
eBay ID: ladymorgause
http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=1146230
=================================

Old August 18th 03, 10:15 PM
Dr. Sooz

That was less than considerate of him. If it was ok, then....? Poo! :-P

I gave a neutral feedback once to someone who took way over a month to send me
my stuff. They got really mad, and left me my one negative feedback, in
revenge. What jerks!

I got one neutral one once. It was from a dealer from whom I had bought a lot
of stuff in the past. I was having some trouble with my checking account and
emailed him that the check would be late. He assured me that he understood,
then sent the neutral feedback. I never bought another thing from him. So,
there! lol
Patti

~~
Sooz
-------
Let the beauty we love be what we do. --Rumi
I'm not a hamster, and life's not a wheel. --Sooz
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old August 19th 03, 05:38 AM
Mary Rurup

My thing is, i would like to have a feedback system similar to Amazon's (or
how they used to have it), a 5 point. There is no way for a person to say
"they went above and beyond", and there isn't any real way to say "they just
sent it and that was that". With Amazon, and a 5 point system, you could
use "4" for the "nice communication, quick shipping", 5 for the "gee, they
went above and beyond, they hand delivered it with cheesecake and
coffee"...and the 3 being the "I paid them, they sent it. I got no
communication from them except the invoice".

I think that was the original point, then everyone started giving the 3 star
level, and now, if someone leaves a neutral, people freak.

JMO

Mary (who would freak over a neutral, also!)

--
Joy multiplies when it is shared among friends, but grief diminishes with
every division. That is life.
"alia" wrote in message
om...
thats lame. its funny, but i do think men are quicker to leave less
than positive feedback. some weird kind of abstract idea of justice,
where i think women may tend to think more along the lines of how it
will affect the other person. just a thought i know for myself i
dont leave even neutral unless i absolutely have to, and i am always
very concerned about getting positive feedback. it is easier when you
buy, when you sell it seems like people can get really stupid. i am
with the others, let the other customers draw their own conclusions.
i can tell usually from a neg. feedback if it was an irresponsible
seller or a nit picky buyer. also, i know as a buyer, i dont care
about neutrals. just leave a response, people will understand if they
even notice. usually i only look at neg.s.

once i left a neutral cause a guy was selling 'info' on how to get
free electronics, the thing was that you write and make a deal with
the company and say like, if u let me test it i will do x, y, and z
for you and i left a neutral saying that it wasnt exactly free, it was
more like you just dont give monetary compensation. the guy isnt a
member anymore....

alia

Old August 19th 03, 06:56 PM
Marisa E Exter

In this case the complaint sounds rediculous.

I do think there has been "grade inflation" on the system (or maybe it was
always that way? I have only used eBay for the last year or so). As far as
English meanings go, "neutral" would sound like a fine response if everything
went normally in a transaction. However, because everyone does it, it seems
that if you don't give a "positive" and a message like "A+++++++++
[seller|buyer]" you are giving a complaint.

This means that the uninitiated might unknowingly leave a neutral, which they
feel is a fine thing to do, and be hit with a negative out of anger in return.
It also means that there is no way to reward someone who did something over and
beyond.

marisa2

Old August 19th 03, 09:43 PM
Christina Peterson

I have an odd attitude about feed back I guess.

I have trouble remembering things sometimes. Like leaving feedback. I
often just space it out. And I am not as quick as I'd like to be. The
feedback I consider most important is going back and buying more beads.

And I have a problem with people who think neutral means bad. I do almost
always leave positive (every time that I can remember) because I know that's
what I'm supposed to do. But I can understand someone thinking, unhappy
gets negative feedback, OK and what I expect for my money is neatral, and
service above and beyond is positive. You know, like when you answer a
survey.

I don't think everyone knows a neutral feedback is considered an insult.

Tina

Old August 19th 03, 09:54 PM
Juanita Floyd

Thanks for the "feedback". :0). I responded and that is that. He won't answer
my emails, so there is no way I can understand what he was thinking. Life will
go on, I just wanted to understand what his gripe was so I could make it
better.

The Amazon system was good. It allowed more latitude without having to say
something that wasn't quite meant.

Have a great week,

Old August 19th 03, 11:14 PM
Kandice Seeber

I agree to a point. A neutral in general is not necessarily a bad thing,
but when the person tells an untruth in the message, that's not cool. In
Juanita's case, the person should have read the auction description and
counted the beads in the pic before leaving feedback. In my opinion anyway.
As much as I don't like it, neutrals in the eBay world are regarded as
negatives. However, if someone left me a neutral, I would be looking at why
and at possibly trying to make changes so their experience is better, rather
than retaliating with a negative comment. I would hope others would do the
same, but often times they don't. I have left neutrals before, when I was
satisfied with the transaction as a whole, but something specific wasn't
great. Like shipping took forever, or the merchandise wasn't packed as well
as it could have been. I watch my comments though - in hopes that the user
will understand what I am saying instead of reacting to the fact that it is
a neutral. Of course, I have left my share of negatives - when the
transaction isn't completed due to someone not paying, etc. Oh, and when I
never receive merchandise I have bid on and paid for. That kind of thing.
Anyway. Ramble.

I think Juanita did the right thing by responding to the comment made.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old August 20th 03, 12:46 AM
Dr. Sooz

In
Juanita's case, the person should have read the auction description and
counted the beads in the pic before leaving feedback.

Well, hell yeah. He was an idiot. And he should've really left positive
feedback.

As much as I don't like it, neutrals in the eBay world are regarded as
negatives.

They have come to mean that, yes. (See the doofus who wreaked revenge upon me
for leaving him a neutral feedback, when I really should've left him a
negative! :-P Bleh, what an idiot.)

However, if someone left me a neutral, I would be looking at why
and at possibly trying to make changes so their experience is better, rather
than retaliating with a negative comment.

Yeah. :-I

~~
Sooz
-------
Let the beauty we love be what we do. --Rumi
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A through Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Any Feedback? Juanita Floyd Beads 9 February 17th 04 06:57 PM
AD: Feedback on eBay Store so far? Tink Beads 0 July 10th 03 08:57 AM