Simply Quilts is back

Old September 3rd 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Default Simply Quilts is back

Well, the re-runs at any rate.

They're airing re-runs on HGTV again on weekday mornings at 8 am.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/program_guide/

marcella
Old September 3rd 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

So - they bowed to public opinion. How refreshing!
Well done all of you.
..
In message , Marcella
Peek writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 3rd 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Yipeee! That just makes me want to go turn cartwheels in the front yard.
The chiropractor is probably out celebrating Labor Day so I'll control
myself but that news makes me just SO happy. Oh boy, oh boy. Thanks,
Marcella. Polly

.

Old September 4th 07, 09:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly

On Sep 3, 10:31 pm, Patti wrote:
So - they bowed to public opinion. How refreshing!
Well done all of you.
.
In message , Marcella
Peek writes

Well, the re-runs at any rate.

They're airing re-runs on HGTV again on weekday mornings at 8 am.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/program_guide/

marcella

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

I wish we could get those programs here Patti, don't you.
We have every other program, like fly fishing, watching paint dry,
sport and yet more sport, etc., but no quilt programs. GRR
sorry for rant
Elly who's as green as Ireland at the moment

Old September 4th 07, 11:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I tried!
I spent a year writing, e-mailing, phoning, etc all the channels that
should have been happy to take something like this on - terrestrial and
satellite. I gave them figures, told them about shows, shops, quilt
groups - anything I could think of. I told them about the US channels
they could buy programs from, or suggested ways they could make them.
Several said it would be a good idea; but they still seem to think stuff
like Big Brother is a better bet. Channel 4 had a few series of
Watercolour Challenge, and I thought that was a parallel, but they
wouldn't bite.
..
In message m, Elly
writes

Old September 4th 07, 11:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Elly wrote:
On Sep 3, 10:31 pm, Patti wrote:
So - they bowed to public opinion. How refreshing!
Well done all of you.
.
In message , Marcella
Peek writes

Well, the re-runs at any rate.
They're airing re-runs on HGTV again on weekday mornings at 8 am.
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/program_guide/
marcella

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

I wish we could get those programs here Patti, don't you.
We have every other program, like fly fishing, watching paint dry,
sport and yet more sport, etc., but no quilt programs. GRR
sorry for rant
Elly who's as green as Ireland at the moment

We can get it via computer. I have just looked at my favourites list to
send you the link, but I appear to have very cleverly erased it when I
was sorting out my overlong favourites list last night. That will teach
me to do tidying when I am tired!

There are quite a few 'tv' type things we can get - perhaps some kind
person could live a list of sites, then I could restore them!

Come to think of it, I gave my list some time ago - will have to look in
the archives to see if I can find it.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old September 4th 07, 11:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Sally Swindells wrote:
Elly wrote:
On Sep 3, 10:31 pm, Patti wrote:
[...]

PS Has anyone the addy of the Archives!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old September 4th 07, 01:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Well, I always used to say: Google, Groups,
Rec.crafts.textiles.quilting, Archives. But they have changed Google,
Groups. I was looking for something and put that into the search after
finding the individual group. I could no longer see 'Archives'. I
don't know if there is a special address for us?

In message , Sally Swindells
writes

Old September 4th 07, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I just watched the 9th show from "The Quilt Show". Susan Cleveland did a
very nice job of demonstrating her piping technique. There is a yearly fee
for this show, but you can see a free one at www.thequiltshow.com and see
if it's anything you might enjoy paying for. There are a lot of other
features on the website....so many that I rarely take part in them.
There are also videos to watch at http://www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com/ and
http://quilterstv.com/ sometimes you can catch something interesting on
these sites.
http://www.sharonschambernetwork.com/videos.html I haven't yet looked at
the videos here yet.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Elly" wrote in message
s.com...

Old September 4th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Sally Swindells wrote:

PS Has anyone the addy of the Archives!

We managed to find the folder lurking in the rubbish box!

http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/
You have to sign up and pay for this one. The early ones were a bit of a
learning curve for them, but now they are good.

http://tinyurl.com/39w3af

http://www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com/

http://www.quilterstv.com/

the last has a range of programmes you can choose from.

http://bonniemccaffery.com/VidCasts.htm

http://www.kayewoodtv.com/ktv.html

Some of the screens are small, but on some of them you can magnify to be
bigger.

When there is nothing on TV and I am tired is when I watch. If I sleep
through it I can do it again!

I use http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...uilting/topics
as the Archives, though it is a bit selective - you, Pat go back to
2001, and I just to October 2006. The old system was much better, but
this is better than nothing!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Simply Quilts thelaws Quilting 2 January 17th 07 08:27 PM
Simply Quilts is back! Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 22 September 28th 06 05:27 AM
Simply Quilts Idahoqltr Quilting 8 December 17th 05 02:56 PM
Simply Quilts ~Ann~ Quilting 4 December 17th 05 03:13 AM
Simply Quilts 5-11-05 Linda Sweigart Quilting 10 May 12th 05 03:22 PM