OT - Rebekah's Page, Auctions and other info

Old July 15th 04, 06:15 AM
Kandice Seeber

Default OT - Rebekah's Page, Auctions and other info

Okay, Rachel and I have talked about this via email and have ironed out most
of the details. This is going to work mostly the same as the Carol Auctions
did (for those of you who weren't here at that time, I will explain...).

Rebekah now has a web page - he
http://www.lampwork.net/rebekahauctions.html

Here's what I will be doing:

I will update that page with news and information about Rebekah when Rachel
has updates. I will also post there (and here) when new auctions come up
and when I have other fundraising information.
I haven't yet determined a time limit on this - but will likely keep things
going for quite awhile.
Auctions will have the term 4Rebekah in the title. If others wish to hold
their own auctions - that's perfectly fine - and you can use that term if
you like, so that people searching will find all the auctions easily. And
please feel free to email me with your own action links and I will post them
on Rebekah's page. I will also keep a running total of the amount we have
raised, and if people wish it, I will post that on the page. I will be
taking care of the photography, auction listings and shipping the items out,
as well as collecting the money and sending it on.
For now, I am going to use ebay for the auctions I host. This is to make
things easy, since I am selling there anyway. If anything happens that
makes ebay not a good venue for this, I will switch to Justbeads. This is
purely because ebay gets more traffic, and the main goal here is to raise as
much money as we can for Rebekah.

Here's what's needed from you:

Donations - of course. If you have something to donate, please email me. I
would like to keep things relatively small - so anything bead or jewelry
related is great. If you want to donate other small things, please let me
know first what you're sending so I can get the proper shipping supplies,
etc. Please do not send donations to my PO box. I would like them all to
come to my house, so I can list them quickly. That will keep things simple
for me. Please email me for the address.

Once we have some auctions up, I will need help advertising. That's where
volunteers like Starlia and Sooz come in. I would love it if you guys would
post ads for these when you can. Word of mouth is paramount when doing
charity auctions. Of course, make sure you're following group guidelines
when posting, etc. I will take care of posting here in the group, but I
know many of you belong to other groups that would be interested in this.
Please please don't overwhelm the groups, though - and make sure someone
else hasn't already posted about the auctions before you post.

Listing and final value fees - If it's okay with everyone, I will be giving
as much money to Rebekah's family as possible, and not taking out listing
and final value fees from the money we make, unless I really have to. If
anyone feels like they can donate to help defray those costs, I would be
very grateful. I will not be benefitting from this money-wise, though.
Every possible penny that we earn will go to them.

Shipping supplies - I will be charging a very small shipping fee for the
auctions, but I would love it if people could donate some shipping supplies
to help cover my costs. I have some stuff now, but eventually I will need
more.

If anyone has any questions, or can think of anything more to add, please
post and/or email me. Thank you ALL!!!
((((((hugs)))))))

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 15th 04, 06:22 AM
starlia

Cool beans. I gladly take over advertising with Sooz. I'll email you
offline for addy and such.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old July 15th 04, 06:33 AM
Kandice Seeber

Stellar - thanks Starlia!!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 15th 04, 06:47 AM
Cheryl

Kandice

count me in

send me a snail mail - and I'll send you stuff for the auctions....

glad you have time - because I am short right now..
after 1 Aug - I'll be free.... and can do more.

(at least until the results come back!!!! LOL)

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old July 15th 04, 06:57 AM
Kandice Seeber

I also wanted to post that Rebekah's page can be the headquarters for any
and all information about fundraising for her - so if you are doing
something not auction related, but want people to know so they can help,
etc., please email me with that info and I would be happy to post it. I know
Kathy NV's doing some things, and people were talking about button making or
earring cards, etc. Anything you all wish to be posted to the website about
Rebekah would be great. That way we have a central place for people to go
to for information - the easier it is for people to help, the more help we
will get.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 15th 04, 07:28 AM
Marissa Undercofler

Send me your snail mail too Kandice. I would like to donate a few things.

Marissa
(P.S. take the no spam out of the email address to reply.)

Old July 15th 04, 07:58 AM
Kandice Seeber

Email sent! Thanks Marissa!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 15th 04, 08:11 AM
bluemaxx

You are simply wonderful, Kandice. {{{{HugZ to you}}}} I'd
also like your mailing address to send you off some things to auction
for Rebekah. The address in my header works.
Linda

:
[...]
: --
: Kandice Seeber
: Air & Earth Designs
: http://www.lampwork.net
:
:

---

Old July 15th 04, 10:55 AM
BeckiBead

Kandice -- Cool. I didn't realize you would be running auctions in addition to
the Paypal account -- that makes things easier.

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows