What are you working on?

Old September 21st 05, 09:30 PM
Mary in Rock Island IL

Right away I have 2 birthday blocks and about 15 FPP flower blocks to
get done and out the door.
Then I am really hoping to make a lime and purple log cabin quilt for
DS #2 for Christmas. I have fabric and what I hope is the right
quilting thread. Next would be some fabric cutting and sewing.
Right?
For the past few years I have donated a quilt to my Junior Woman's
Club Christmas auction. So far I have YBR blocks made but not put
together.
There is always more but this is the immediate priority list.
Thanks Wendy for making me think aobut this and write it out. It does
help me in getting organized.

Mary
Old September 22nd 05, 12:03 AM
maryd

Thanks for taking the time. I think I have everything needed.

--
Mary

"frood" wrote in message
om...
: Ok, I just measured, and I cut them 5" x 4", then added a 1.5" (cut size)
: the 4" side, to make it come out to about 4.5" finished blocks. I used the
: same orange in mine, then rows of different novelty fabrics.
:
: --
: Wendy
: http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm
: un-STUFF email address to reply
:
:
:
:
: "maryd" wrote in message
: ...
: I would appreciate the measurements. I gathered a bunch of my fall
fabrics
: to take to California with me.
:
: --
: Mary
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948
:
: "frood" wrote in message
: om...
: : That one was really easy, and I used the design based on one someone
who
: : used to post here used - SunnyQuilts- she used to live near me, and
: showed
: : me a floral one she had done. It worked out great, as I could cut the
: 10"
: : swap squares into 4 pieces for the larger rectangle. I'm not sure they
: were
: : 6", tho. I could get it out and measure them for you. It's about that
: time!
: :
: : --
: : Wendy
: : http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm
: : un-STUFF email address to reply
: :
: :
: :
: :
: : "maryd" wrote in message
: : ...
: : I like both but I really like the streak of lightening.
: :
: : --

Old September 22nd 05, 03:11 AM
Charlotte Hippen

Well, I wish I could say I'm quilting away, but I'm not. My only project
currently seeing any progress is my son's dinosaur afghan. I am also
planning some charity afghans to use up a bunch of DH's grandmother's yarn
stash I've received. I have a few quilts I'm currently planning, one being
an attic windows lap quilt for DH's same grandma from some of her bird
fabric. I need to do my shopping for the rest of the fabric, but my DSis is
getting married this weekend so I've been too busy to get my supplies.
Hopefully once the wedding is over and grandma's quilt is done and the
afghan is done (DS has been waiting so patiently for mom to finish it) I can
get back to some of the quilt projects I have waiting on hold.

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

Old September 22nd 05, 03:35 AM
Nann Hilyard

So, what are you working on/thinking of working on/dreaming about?

DH and I are back from a **wonderful** Elderhostel to the Isles of Shoals
(off Portsmouth, NH) with a weekend visit to Henniker, NH, to see the
granddaughters and their parents. No side trip to Keepsake (just as well
for my pocketbook) but two 3-lb sacks of Lindt truffles ($3.49/lb) from the
outlet in Kittery, ME, which is not as well for my waistline. (I did take a
sack for the library staff. All gone in one day.)

I am working on a zigzag 9-patch using Bonnie Hunter's "leaders-and-enders"
technique -- go to www.quiltville.com to find out more.

I am also piecing a top using a pattern from an old issue of Quiltmaker
called Texas Two-Step (basically square-in-a-square). Instead of two
fabrics I'm using a multi-floral with several coordinates (gold, yellow,
green, pink, lavender).

I ought to be making BOM kits for the guild meeting the first week in
October.

I also ought to be working on some financial stuff, but that's not as much
fun as thinking about quilting and e-mailing about it.

Nann

Old September 25th 05, 06:25 PM
DrQuilter

Nothing, really. After a month of getting the keys to the new house! I
dragged all the quilting stuff to the quilting 'cabin' and arranged some
furniture out but that was it. I started making roman shaded for our
bedroom but did not get very far.

frood wrote:

I am currently between projects. Ok, not exactly "between" as in, "finished
that one, what's next" but, at a point where I can safely start a new
project and still get the others done and keep some semblance of sanity. (no
laughing from the peanut gallery, please)

I haven't yet decided what's next, tho. I joined my guild's President's
Challenge - she had us write down (in pen and everything) a quilt that we
had always wanted to make, that we would actually work towards completing in
this next guild year (Sep. to June). I wrote down that I am going to make a
quilt for *my* bed, using a Cobblestones block and batik fabrics.

Or, I could work on one of the Christmas fabrics quilts I have planned (and
partially cut) - log cabins, and cobblestones.

Or, there was a super simple, graphically striking quilt hanging in a quilt
shop that I thought would look stunning in African fabrics.

Or, the quilt featured on my calendar last month was really cool. I may try
to make a variation of that one, in either a seafaring theme, or a Christmas
one. I bet that piques your interest - what quilt could possibly be done in
either pirates or Christmas, you ask? Bwahahaaha! You will have to wait and
see!

So, what are you working on/thinking of working on/dreaming about?

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old September 26th 05, 12:16 AM
Denise in NH

Nann, I'd love to hear more about your elderhostel trip to the Isles of
Shoals in NH. I've been here my whole life, and I've never been to the
Isles. I bet it was lots of fun. Do you live in this area? Too bad
that you didn't get a side trip to Keepsake. I was in Kittery, ME, just
last week. I love the outlets. There's a quilt store in Henniker, did
you get there? I can't remember the name.

Denise

Old October 10th 05, 01:40 AM
dqlts

I took a class on Saturday and have a Sunshine and Shadow
WH to bind. (This project turned out terrific.)
But I really need to be working on my parents
50th Anniversary project it says it is done at 53x53. My
sister asked me to make them a Anniv. Quilt but WH is what
they will be getting. All I have to do is quilt it or have it quilted
by the 29th of this month.
Next project will have to wait until I get back from the Houston
Show.

Diana in Dallas

Old October 10th 05, 05:49 AM
KI Graham

Began and FINISHED! a table runner this week. It all started when I took my
new Bible Blocks class to the LQS for their first lesson on picking fabric
for a sampler. I pulled a bright floral on mushroom grey and chose fabrics
to go with it so I could demonstrate the difference when a grey background
fabric is used instead of white or cream. As I was going through the store
picking up complementary fabrics, I fell more and more in love with the
unusual floral print, but my resolve NOT to buy any more held...for a day or
two anyway.

Funny thing...when I showed up at the LQS two days later, I couldn't find
the bolt. The owner pulled it from behind the counter and said "Kim, we knew
you'd be back for it so we just set it aside for you." I've still got a
metre left, but have finished an 18" x 60" table runner in grey, green, pink
and rust that I think is absolutely scrumptious [though it's enough outside
my comfort zone that I had some moments of doubt half-way through the
project]!

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham

Old October 10th 05, 12:01 PM
Louise

Do we get to see a picture? It sounds beautiful.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old October 10th 05, 10:04 PM
KI Graham

http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham/gallery.html
Scroll down in the "More Word in Patchwork" gallery
to "Cross and Crown table runner"