OT Weather woes

Old September 4th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Default OT Weather woes

While parts of the country are suffering non-stop rain, we are in the
midst of a terrible heat wave. It is 100 degrees here right on the
coast of central Calif, for the 7th day in a row. No relief at night.
I did laundry early this morning at 6AM to not abuse the power grid.
There are multiple outages all over the area.

Heard of the flash flood and T-storm warning in Taria's area in San
Bernadino County - are you okay out there???

Will be going back to work tomorrow. They keep the lights on but the
building is subject to the rolling power outages and they turned off
the a/c on Friday morning. We had 75 people in our courtroom, by golly
it was rather cozy in there.....

Ginger in CA
sitting and sorting, not much sewing this weekend

Old September 4th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

We did have rain the other day. I almost forgot what it looked like.
Next town over looked like they hogged it all today.
We are pretty safe where we are here. I was at the Big Bear quilt show
Saturday though.
We were there early and headed across and down the mountain for lunch
afterwards and saw the Butler fire when it just started up. Like 4 big
trees on fire above the road. CHP were headed up to close the road as
we headed down. Had we been a tad later we would have had to go around
to the back side. Traffic was not good so we were all in all lucky. I
don't think there has been any homes lost. The show there has gotten
small and that was sort of disappointing.
This sure has been a wacky season. Electric and water bill not pretty
last month and won't be this month either. We are safe though. My sis
was griping about the earthquake yesterday but we didn't feel that one.
Hope the A/C is back up and running at work tomorrow. Thanks for
thinking of me.
Taria

Old September 4th 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Hugs and prayers to both of you, and everyone else suffering from the
weather. It's a wild year alright.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old September 4th 07, 01:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Last night about 9PM, a wildfire started very close to where HoboKaren
and Jeanbaby used to live. Freeway was shut down and evacuations
started, but I don't know if they were able to get everyone out. That
area has one way in, one way out, right next to fireline. Waiting this
morning to hear the latest.

Thankfully, our two rctq'ers don't live there anymore.

Ginger in CA

Ginger in CA wrote:
While parts of the country are suffering non-stop rain, we are in the
midst of a terrible heat wave. It is 100 degrees here right on the
coast of central Calif, for the 7th day in a row. No relief at night.
I did laundry early this morning at 6AM to not abuse the power grid.
There are multiple outages all over the area.

Heard of the flash flood and T-storm warning in Taria's area in San
Bernadino County - are you okay out there???

Will be going back to work tomorrow. They keep the lights on but the
building is subject to the rolling power outages and they turned off
the a/c on Friday morning. We had 75 people in our courtroom, by golly
it was rather cozy in there.....

Ginger in CA
sitting and sorting, not much sewing this weekend- Hide quoted text -

woeS\ Hot Specials and Collectibles woeS\ Kelly Marketplace 0 March 11th 06 06:36 AM
6x6 woes Jenn Vanderslice Yarn 3 January 31st 04 08:20 PM
UFO woes Myka KS Yarn 2 November 8th 03 06:38 PM
Phone woes Deirdre S. Beads 1 July 2nd 03 05:47 AM