This is too funny!

Old November 25th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default This is too funny!

I was skimming Elann as I usually do, and today they are flogging their
knitting books. I happened upon this one:

It's titled "Knitting With Balls - A Hands-on Guide to Knitting For the
Modern Man"
http://tinyurl.com/y797a6

I like some of the designs they show, and will have to keep an eye open for
it in the bookstores.

Shelagh

Old November 25th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:18:32 -0600, "Shillelagh"
wrote:

I was skimming Elann as I usually do, and today they are flogging their
knitting books. I happened upon this one:

It's titled "Knitting With Balls - A Hands-on Guide to Knitting For the
Modern Man"
http://tinyurl.com/y797a6

Yeah, I saw this at BN a couple of weeks ago. I really think they
should have been a bit more...avante garde...with the cover design.
Then again it's being marketed to men, presumably straight ones who
probably wouldn't appreciate the symbolism behind two big balls of
fuzzy mohair and a twisted hank of something smooth and shiny.

*running away fast*
Old November 25th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

wrote:

I was skimming Elann as I usually do, and today they are flogging their
knitting books. I happened upon this one:

It's titled "Knitting With Balls - A Hands-on Guide to Knitting For the
Modern Man"
http://tinyurl.com/y797a6

Yeah, I saw this at BN a couple of weeks ago. I really think they
should have been a bit more...avante garde...with the cover design.
Then again it's being marketed to men, presumably straight ones who
probably wouldn't appreciate the symbolism behind two big balls of
fuzzy mohair and a twisted hank of something smooth and shiny.

*running away fast*

Others may think this is "cute" or "too funny". I just think it is rude
and vulgar. Likewise I refuse to purchase, or even look at, the "Stitch
and .....' series.

Just another opnion.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old November 25th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:49:35 -0600, Olwyn Mary
wrote:

Others may think this is "cute" or "too funny". I just think it is rude
and vulgar. Likewise I refuse to purchase, or even look at, the "Stitch
and .....' series.

Just another opnion.

I won't buy the S&B books either - because there is nothing in them
that I care to knit, or that I can't kludge up on my own.

I knit with balls all the time and I'm not male: I wind center-pull
balls on the ballwinder, or wind them by hand if the hank is small and
the yarn is fat. Absolutely nothing wrong about knitting with balls,
and it's much easier and more portable than knitting from hanks...
Old November 25th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
.. .
WoolyGooly wrote:

Others may think this is "cute" or "too funny". I just think it is rude
and vulgar. Likewise I refuse to purchase, or even look at, the "Stitch
and Bitch' series.

Just another opnion.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Yes, well, I knew there would be some who wouldn't see the humour in it.
That's too bad for you. And really, the so-called rudeness in the title is
more in your mind than anything else. I knit with balls many times - balls
of yarn - nothing else. So, who is being rude here?

That's the last I intend to say on it. Have a good day.

Shelagh

Old November 25th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Shillelagh wrote:
So, who is being rude here?

That's the last I intend to say on it. Have a good day.

Shelagh

Ah yes, now that you are both being challenged on it, you retract.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old November 25th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"Shillelagh" skrev i melding
I was skimming Elann as I usually do, and today they are flogging their
knitting books. I happened upon this one:

It's titled "Knitting With Balls - A Hands-on Guide to Knitting For
the
Modern Man"
http://tinyurl.com/y797a6

I like some of the designs they show, and will have to keep an eye
open for
it in the bookstores.

Shelagh

OH!!! I didn't know there was a THIRD way of knitting,
I have heard about the American Way and the Coninental Way...
Aud ;-0

Old November 25th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Shillelagh wrote:
I was skimming Elann as I usually do, and today they are flogging their
knitting books. I happened upon this one:

It's titled "Knitting With Balls - A Hands-on Guide to Knitting For the
Modern Man"
http://tinyurl.com/y797a6

I like some of the designs they show, and will have to keep an eye open for
it in the bookstores.

Very nice.

Higs,
Katherine

Old November 25th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:18:57 -0600, Olwyn Mary
wrote:

Ah yes, now that you are both being challenged on it, you retract.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

You aren't accusing me of retracting anything, I hope?

Old November 26th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
WoolyGooly
what is the meaning of
Kludge

that I care to knit, or that I can't kludge up on my own.

never saw trhis term before ?
mirjam

It's a term that means cobble together, or make do with what you've got
to put something together. Or something along those lines... In this
instance, Wooly means the patterns are basic/simple enough she can make
up her own.

sue

eScrew [email protected] Yarn 0 December 20th 04 10:54 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Needlework 0 December 20th 04 09:23 AM
eScrew zen story [email protected] Quilting 0 December 20th 04 08:59 AM
funny joke about beads [email protected] Beads 0 December 19th 04 01:05 PM
Funny, funny bead rules susiegibson Beads 6 October 21st 04 05:37 AM