OT Weird Weather Update

Old November 20th 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default OT Weird Weather Update

Last Wed and Thur I posted that it was freezing cold and
raining. Well we only got 5mm here but anything is better
then nothing, and we were grateful.

On those days it was 8C and 9C (that's less than 50F) and a
howling south wind. It snowed just miles from me -
patchy, but it was definitely snow.

Yesterday (Sunday) was hot but today it has been over 39C -
that's about 103F - and we have a blustery hot north wind.
I know Victorians joke about their weather (If you don't
like the weather when you wake up just wait 5 minutes) but
this is too weird!

There are some priceless pictures coming out of it all
though. I saw one yesterday of fire trucks up in the Blue
Mtns of NSW (where I used to live) racing off to a bush fire
through snow patches!

Anyone else getting weird weather conditions? Wanna share?

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

Old November 20th 06, 01:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
recarlos

Sadly the snow was not much help. They are getting Firies from all over to
the Blue Mountains but they can't get at it very easily. A friend of our was
up there and he said that even when there was no wind the tops of the trees
were bursting into flame. Very nasty. The is a feeling that once more NSW is
a Tinderbox, we have about six fires going now and it is only November. A
week ago the wind was really bad and it was so cold today it was 38C in the
shade. We have lost Maggie the Magpie and have not seen her since that windy
day. Max her mate has been looking and calling her. They have been together
for many years and now she seems to have gone. Yesterday Max turns up with a
juvenile female in tow. How quickly they forget! November is Magpie singing
month so we are now awoken by them singing at 4.30 am ,sigh ain't Nature
grand.
More cold weather on the way again. Would prefer rain.
Ruth
Sydney

Old November 20th 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Cheryl, we had a weird event Saturday. Usually in January, hundreds of big
fat robins come through for a rest stop before they head north. We've never
interviewed any of them about their travel plans but assume they have a long
way to go. There's not a decent fishing worm for miles around here. They
came more than a month early, picked the place clean and headed on. Maybe
our Yankee friends can expect a very early spring. Polly