Picture of the Sweater

Old November 19th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default Picture of the Sweater

"Midwest poster" wrote in message
Well done, Shelagh. I love the design; where did you find it?

--
Jan in MN

It's in the Creative Knitting Sept 2006 mag - page 34. It was done in white
wool in the mag. It's called Woodsy White Pullover. I loved it the minute
I saw it, and knew I had to make one for my GD. I might make one for me too
sometime down the road. ;)

Shelagh

Old November 19th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"hesira" wrote in message
ups.com...
How pretty! What a lucky granddaughter you have. I also enjoyed the
picture with your little friend in it!

Hesira

Thank you! I hope my GD likes the sweater - but she's liked everything I've
made for her so far... my little cockatiel's name is Cheeky, and she's 12
y/o. She likes to sit on my knee while I'm on the computer, and ride on my
shoulder too.

Shelagh

Old November 19th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
.. .
That is absolutely GORGEOUS. Did you use any naughty words doing that
complicated front? It sure doesn't look like the kind of thing you can
knit during committee meetings or in front of the tv.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Believe it or not - that sweater front was easy - even though it was
charted! (I hate charts with a passion!) The pattern called for the design
both front and back, but I decided to do it on the front only. I did the
whole thing in front of the TV - probably watched the chart more than the
TV, but in comparison to an aran charted sweater, this one was easy. In the
mag, they called it "Intermediate" skill level. I screwed up the direction
on one cable, tried to rip back the cable only (which I've done before), but
nope - wouldn't work. I had to frog back maybe 6 rows, fixed it and carried
on. Maybe it felt easy because it's a small size.

Thanks so much for your kind words!

Shelagh

Old November 19th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"DA" wrote in message

Beautiful work, the use of the cable to frame the tree of life is a
fantastic addition, also the use of cable ribbing.
DA

Thanks! As I mentioned in a previous post, this design was in the Creative
Knitting Sept 2006 issue. I loved it and bought the mag expressly for that
pattern.

Shelagh

Old November 19th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"BB" wrote in message
. ..
Great looking sweater! Nice use of cables and trees, both are things
I'm fond of I really like the sleeve design.

BB

Thank you! I think the person who designed this sweater did a lovely job.
I thought the sleeve design was very different and a nice change from a
plain sleeve.

Shelagh

Old November 19th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Vintage Purls" wrote in message
oups.com...

Shillelagh wrote:
I've finished the Christmas sweater for my granddaughter. (whew!)

Oooh, very nice. I especially like the pattern up the sleeves - very
effective.

VP

Isn't that great? So much nicer than a plain sleeve, but quite easy to do.
;)

Shelagh

Old November 19th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"DAB" wrote in message

Beautiful...love the trees and cables.

Donna

It's so nice to get such great feedback on this sweater. I know it's hard
to tell, but the neck is done the same way as the bottom of the sweater -
with the cables....

Shelagh

Old November 19th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Shillelagh wrote:
I've finished the Christmas sweater for my granddaughter. (whew!) I can't
decide if I need a course on using my digital camera or if I need new
batteries. I'm not happy with how the colour shows up. It's close, but a
bit more blue in real life. The shade is a denim blue. Anyhow, click on
the link, then click on "next" to see all 4 pics. ;)

http://tinyurl.com/ye2b84

Now that it's finished I can concentrate on the Candle Flame Shawl for my
sister.

Shelagh

EXCELLENT. What else can you say but beautiful.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old November 19th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Shillelagh wrote:
"DAB" wrote in message

Beautiful...love the trees and cables.

Donna

It's so nice to get such great feedback on this sweater. I know it's
hard to tell, but the neck is done the same way as the bottom of the
sweater - with the cables....

Shelagh

Yes I saw that and I love the effect.

Donna

Old November 19th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
'Nez

On Nov 18, 6:36*pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
I've finished the Christmas sweater for my granddaughter. (whew!) * *I can't
decide if I need a course on using my digital camera or if I need new
batteries. *I'm not happy with how the colour shows up. *It's close, but a
bit more blue in real life. *The shade is a denim blue. *Anyhow, click on
the link, then click on "next" to see all 4 pics. ;)

http://tinyurl.com/ye2b84

Now that it's finished I can concentrate on the Candle Flame Shawl for my
sister.

Shelagh

The sweater is gorgeous, Shelagh. Your GD will be proud and pleased as
punch to wear it. Frances