Crochet Dog Sweater Pattern

Old July 29th 03, 05:05 AM
SlinkyToy

Default Crochet Dog Sweater Pattern

It isn't crochet...

Piece of quilted cloth of a length to cover the dog. Shaped such that it
can wrap comfortably under the belly but leave exposed the business bits
*ahem* Velcro or snap at one side. Have the top longer than the belly and
add straps round the front legs similar to horse harness -- sew down one
end, snap the other.

Don't forget the booties!

"Sandy Best" wrote in message
Hi everybody! I am new to this news group! I have been crocheting for
several years now and I enjoy it very much.

I am looking for a simple dog sweater pattern for my dog. He is a good

size
dog, shoulders are about 20 inches off the ground. He's short haired and
getting old (7 years I think...). I would like to make him a sweater to
help keep him warm during the winter. He's also probably not going to be

an
easy one to put the sweater on! haha

Does anyone have any patterns or suggestions? I would like it to cover a
good bit of him, not just the top of his back like I have been finding...
(maybe that's not a good thing? I don't know!!)

Thanks in advance!!
Sandy

Old July 29th 03, 02:39 PM
Cher

Hi Sandy
no doubt someone could help you better than me as I mainly knit, but I
designed a knitted one, based on a waistcoat pattern, could you try this
method for a crochetted one?
Just a thought.
cheers.....Cher
"Sandy Best" wrote in message
Hi everybody! I am new to this news group! I have been crocheting for
several years now and I enjoy it very much.

I am looking for a simple dog sweater pattern for my dog. He is a good

size
dog, shoulders are about 20 inches off the ground. He's short haired and
getting old (7 years I think...). I would like to make him a sweater to
help keep him warm during the winter. He's also probably not going to be

an
easy one to put the sweater on! haha

Does anyone have any patterns or suggestions? I would like it to cover a
good bit of him, not just the top of his back like I have been finding...
(maybe that's not a good thing? I don't know!!)

Thanks in advance!!
Sandy

---

Old July 29th 03, 04:50 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Sandy,

Welcome to this great group. My suggestion would be like I always advise, is
do a google search using crochet dog sweater free pattern and see what comes
up. Now where do you live that the dog needs his own coat?

Nora
Old July 29th 03, 05:48 PM
Lucille

Following is a link for a crochet dog sweater pattern. It's not terribly
difficult to make it any size you want.

http://crochet.about.com/gi/dynamic/...dogsweater.htm

I know there's another crocheted sweater on about.com that has a littler
more coverage. I think it was called a patriotic sweater, or something like
that.

Lucille

Old July 29th 03, 11:20 PM
Sandy Best

Nora,

I live in North Alabama, out in the country. The dogs live inside though,
haha. They are spoiled!

Old July 30th 03, 03:53 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Sandy,

I didn't think it got that cold in the south, like it does here in upstate NY.
LOL

Hugs,

Nora
Old July 30th 03, 03:59 PM
Lucille

Hi Nora,
I had to make my Puff (a 9 lb. Maltese) a coat because he was shivering when
the temp was anything below 55 F. here in Florida. So I guess cold is
something different for a dog who was born in Florida. I personally thought
the temperature was wonderful (I hate the FL heat and humidity) but my dog
was not a happy puppy.

Lucille

Old July 31st 03, 03:33 AM
Yarn Forward