AD Candlemagic require Agents, Distributors & Party Planners

Old April 15th 04, 09:40 PM
Stuart Scott

Default AD Candlemagic require Agents, Distributors & Party Planners

Hi,

Check out www.candlemagic.com for the best aromatherapy gel candles on the
market! Buy at excellent wholesale prices or sell by party plan. This is a
very good opportunity to earn a good part-time income for a few hours work
each week. (UK only) Trade enquiries welcome

Best regards
Stuart Scott - Owner
Candlemagic

Old April 16th 04, 08:37 PM
Stuart Scott

Hi Jason,

Generally speaking I wouldn't be interested in offering products to any
retailer on consignment basis (particularly when selling at wholesale
prices) Main reason being is that if they're not prepared to pay for them
then there is zero committment to sell. As you also mention there's the
issue of keeping records of sales & stock etc etc so it ends up being a load
of hassle for all concerned. 1 or 2 resellers have listed & pictured a few
lines on their sites without actually buying stock, but again, there's no
real committment to the product, and in general the overall presentation has
been poor. The sites I have sold to have reported steady sales & I have had
a number of re-orders, which is obviously encouraging. The existing website
will be replaced next week with a professionally designed site & I'll be
doing some selective advertising & marketing activity over the next few
months. I sell mainly at craft fairs & my own candleparties, so If I
continue with this backed up with a good website & hopefully attract a few
people to sell via partyplan etc.then I'm confident of making this a very
viable option - I'm also looking into the possibility of establishing
Candlemagic as a small franchise opportunity as well - so there's lots of
ways to progress this business.
Having kept a very close eye on what other gel candles are available - both
online & in conventional retail outlets - I firmly believe that these are
the best products of their sort available. Call me arrogant, but quite
seriously, the rest of the stuff out there is absolute rubbish!! Bad designs
with no imagination whatsoever, poor quality low density gel, plastic wicks
that don't burn properly......you get the idea!! So, next stop, world
domination (I hope)

Regards
Stuart
www.candlemagic.biz

"J Rickard" wrote in message
Just a general question - Are there many suppliers (or new business's)

that
do consignment deals. When I worked in the US, the store I worked for

would
take on a lot of lines of new and untested products (mostly local) on
consignment so the store would stock a few - even promote them- but would
only pay for what they sold....I amagine the trouble with doing that with

non-local store is how to verify the stock wasn't sold. I tried to get a
couple of small upstarts to have me list items on consignment and they

acted
like I was crazy.

I'd imagine that you have a product Stuart that is worth every penny once
someone has lit it and can smell the difference but it's hard to market

very
expensive candles when resellers have so many options. Yankee Candle has
done an excellent job of getting their name out there associated with
quality. They are a bit more but I've never had one burn for a second

less
than it said it would.

Just some thoughts

Jason