Couching cords

Old March 14th 05, 03:12 PM
anne

Default Couching cords

I have yet another question [insert an emoticon here]

I'd like to use a cord created with my handy dandy cord doohickey to create a
handbag on a piece of freestyle embroidery. I'm stumped about how to deal with
the ends. If I bury them under the cord, those areas are lumpy.

Help please

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old March 14th 05, 03:32 PM
Ellen Winnie

In article . com,
anne wrote:

I have yet another question [insert an emoticon here]

I'd like to use a cord created with my handy dandy cord doohickey to create a
handbag on a piece of freestyle embroidery. I'm stumped about how to deal
with
the ends. If I bury them under the cord, those areas are lumpy.

Help please

Knot the ends into tassells?

Depending on how stiff the cord is, flatten it slightly and slip it
between the outer fabric and the lining. Use some hand stitches to
attach the ends to the lining to keep it from fraying.

--
-------------------------------------
Ellen Winnie n7pyk-at-amsat.org
Old March 14th 05, 06:52 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Ellen had two good ways to deal with cord ends.

Another: Leave long enough ends so that you can wind them into a
circle. Adds a little "pizzazz". But that only works if it works on
your project.

Dianne

anne wrote:
I have yet another question [insert an emoticon here]

I'd like to use a cord created with my handy dandy cord doohickey to create a
handbag on a piece of freestyle embroidery. I'm stumped about how to deal with
the ends. If I bury them under the cord, those areas are lumpy.

Help please

--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

Old March 15th 05, 02:25 PM
anne

Another: Leave long enough ends so that you can wind them into a
circle. Adds a little "pizzazz". But that only works if it works on
your project.

Thanks all. I had envisioned something along the lines of a braided rug using
the not very bulky cord made out of floss. When I pinned the cord to the
fabric, I didn't like how it looked so went with plan c -- a weave.

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply

? many threads w/bokhara couching? Jeanine3 Needlework 5 January 14th 05 04:46 PM
Cords and finishing - link Polly Stewart Beads 1 January 9th 05 11:06 PM
Storing extension cords JC Home Knots 3 January 4th 05 01:31 PM
Decorating eyeglasses cords? iwillinvent General Crafting 2 December 12th 03 04:26 AM
Couching threads JS Quilting 13 August 11th 03 01:59 AM