It's all lies I tell you!

Old August 17th 04, 05:41 AM
Shona in NZ

Default It's all lies I tell you!

Everything Tutu said was lies!!!

Well, ummm, ok....not everything...

so it WAS raining when I got there, but I swear it wasn't MY fault. Well I
don't think so anyway. Hmmm come to think of it, they said it was a dry
winter here in Christchurch until I got home..hasn't stopped raining (and
snowing) since. Maybe I am the Rain Queen or Witch Doctor as Tutu so
lovingly called me...what a title snorfle.

and she DID lose a bit of stash but what the heck did she expect!! Sheesh,
she put me in the room RIGHT NEXT DOOR to her UNGUARDED stash and SHOWED me
where all the yummy African was held, and TOLD me to choose some favourites
and fondle at leisure. I mean really! Besides, I swear I didn't use Stan
to side track Eddie and Tutu in conversation, say I was going to go to bed
early, only to end up having a quick riffle through the drawers of
fabric...nope, not me. I went straight to bed...yup, I sure did.

lies aside, I had a great time and my only regret is that I did have a
pretty heavy work schedule and couldn't spend more time with Tutu and Eddie.
The time we did have was great; yummy wine, scrummy food, and good good
conversation. I must say, I am still gob-smacked at Tutu's Dear Jane
quilts, not one but two. And to use a Dear Jane to learn how to quilt; I am
humbled.

Shona thinking if nobody "moves" or "seconds" she will be free of the witch
doctor title in NZ

ps I'm baaaccckkkk :-)

Old August 17th 04, 06:58 AM
Sharon Harper

Welcome Back - we misseded you.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

Old August 17th 04, 05:01 PM
Butterfly

Our RAIN QUEEN is
BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome home. sure glad you had such a great meet-up. Isn't Tutu just the
'best"
Butterfly

Old August 17th 04, 05:10 PM

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Be on the lookout for your thunkie, 'K?

Will we be seeing piccies soon? Please? If I promise not to second the motion on
Rain Queen??

--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow

Shona in NZ wrote:

[...]

remove NOSPAM to reply
Old August 17th 04, 06:14 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Shona in NZ" wrote:

[...]

Shona, you're more than welcome to visit here! We're in the middle of a
five-year (at least) draught and could really use the rain! My stash
isn't so great, but I might be able to dig something up for you -- or
take you to the LQSs in the vicinity. G
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old August 17th 04, 07:34 PM
Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)

Sandy, You're right we need her here in the west to break our drought cycle.
Wonder what it would take to entice her to our part of the world?

--
Donna in Idaho
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

Remove "invalid" to reply

Old August 17th 04, 08:05 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
wrote:

Sandy, You're right we need her here in the west to break our drought cycle.
Wonder what it would take to entice her to our part of the world?

Lots of chocolate and wine? A decent stash to raid? Good company and
conversation? Aww, come on over, Shona!

Old August 17th 04, 09:42 PM
Shona in NZ

Thanks Sharon. Wot's this about needing someone to rub suntan oil on your
back? Do you have some decent weather I don't know about? It's frigging
cold here...maybe I need to have a week over the ditch :-)

Shona shiverin in NZ

Old August 17th 04, 09:47 PM
Shona in NZ

Of course I was, and DH was on his bestest behaviour too; I don't think he
farted or burped once...well at least not out loud :-o

Shona married to "Sir Fartsalot" in NZ

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
m...
Shona in NZ wrote:
Everything Tutu said was lies!!!

Well, ummm, ok....not everything...

I hope not! She said you were a delightful guest.

Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Longarm Machine Quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

(remove the obvious to reply)