October

Old October 1st 10, 04:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita

Default October

is Breast Cancer awareness month and I'm here to remind you to get your
mammo. I got hit 2X in the same breast (found by mammo) which resulted in
the breast being removed and saving my life. And ladies, please have your
husband or significant other that he is not immune and to check his breast
for any unusual lumps. If he does, have him to get to the doctor
pronto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com

Old October 1st 10, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX

And if you don't automatically get your mammogram results back from your
doctor, do NOT just presume that "No news is good news". Always take
the initiative and make sure that you get your test results.

Bev in TX

Old October 1st 10, 08:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Are you all getting colonoscopies also? Colon cancer is really treatable if
it is caught early. Not a fun test but if you are over 50 it needs to be
done.
Taria

Old October 1st 10, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita

True!

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com

Old October 1st 10, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com

Old October 2nd 10, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

"Sandy" wrote, in part: Dexascans (for osteoporosis) are a cake walk.
Well, not exactly, Sandy. They really have a hard time doing that scan on
me. I am in the high target group for osteoporosis - Caucasian skinny - (
did you know that was the likeliest group?) and they keep a close watch on
me. I exercise and take calcium and vit d but the testing is embarrassing.
I am ticklish. Every time the nice tech tries to reach her cold icy hand
out and press my hip bone down flat against the table I laugh hysterically.
She leaves and tries later. I breathe and try to relax. She tries again.
I go into a fit of giggles.
I can just see them at the bone clinic reviewing the next day's schedule
and saying " I tried Ms Esther last year, now it's your turn" and then the
fight starts. Polly

Old October 3rd 10, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I had a scan of the big bone in my heel. Doesn't that work? It was
easy and comfortable, involved a tank of warm water. I wished they
would do the other foot too!
Roberta in D

October is...... Rita Quilting 6 October 8th 09 03:01 PM
October FO's Shillelagh Yarn 6 November 13th 07 10:38 PM
FO's for October Shillelagh Yarn 13 November 5th 06 11:35 PM
FO's for October NoraBalcer Yarn 41 November 17th 04 09:30 PM
October 6 x 6 sent Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 0 October 4th 04 02:22 PM