Does anybody recognize this fabric, please?

Old June 3rd 10, 06:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Default Does anybody recognize this fabric, please?

Dear all,

I'm on furlough from hospital and have run out of UFO's I can do
there. So need to set up a new project. I want to use this fabric as
the backing, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anybody recognize it
and perhaps know the maker/name?

Please?

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...bookfabric.jpg

Thanks, and I'll update on the news another time, if you don't mind.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)

Old June 3rd 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Nel, I haven't found an exact match - but did find one that just might be a
'member of the family'. Take a look at this:

http://www.havasuquilts.com/cgi-bin/...d=1#pc_2184_1f

As ever, this might give you the zip code for Montana but I'm hoping you'll
see Cats World at Havasu Quilts. The colors and manner seem to be very
similar. Anyhow, it sure is cute. Polly

"Sartorresartus"

Old June 4th 10, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Quilty%20phot...

Thanks, and I'll update on the news another time, if you don't mind.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)

Nel, I googled all over the internet trying to find this for you but
had no luck...: (. I used every search work I could think of too. I
sure hope one of the gals can find it for you...Donna
Old June 4th 10, 08:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

That's lovely fabric; close but no cigar. I 'could' use it elsewhere,
but this one has to go to a specific place, so no cats.

I spent two days googling and 'asking' and all sorts and just couldn't
come up with it. I suppose I shall have to work from the other
principle: go to a shop and buy what's there, rather than hunt for the
unfindable.

Thanks very much for trying.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old June 4th 10, 08:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Thanks very much for going to the trouble. I tried too, but no
combination of words or searches I could think of came up with it. I
just hoped someone else had the twin to my fat quarter; the one with
the name and maker on it. Or might have had a better luck with the
phraseology. Don't you sometimes wish you could put in a picture as
the search request?! :-)

Back to the drawing board.

Cheers!
Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old June 4th 10, 09:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 04/06/10 08:41, Sartorresartus wrote:
Thanks very much for going to the trouble. I tried too, but no
combination of words or searches I could think of came up with it. I
just hoped someone else had the twin to my fat quarter; the one with
the name and maker on it. Or might have had a better luck with the
phraseology. Don't you sometimes wish you could put in a picture as
the search request?! :-)

Hi Nel,

Good to see you again. Have you tried missing fabrics for this?

http://www.missingfabrics.com/

It's worth a try.

Hugs

Lizzy
Old June 4th 10, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Sartorresartus wrote:
Dear all,

I'm on furlough from hospital and have run out of UFO's I can do
there. So need to set up a new project. I want to use this fabric as
the backing, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anybody recognize it
and perhaps know the maker/name?

Please?

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...bookfabric.jpg

Thanks, and I'll update on the news another time, if you don't mind.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)

I LOVE this fabric and was hoping someone else would find a source....
I've been looking myself with no luck. (how long ago did you
buy/acquire it? Do you remember what kind of store?)

Good luck!!
Allison
Old June 4th 10, 08:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marion Bowles[_2_]

In article
,
Sartorresartus wrote:

That's lovely fabric; close but no cigar. I 'could' use it elsewhere,
but this one has to go to a specific place, so no cats.

I spent two days googling and 'asking' and all sorts and just couldn't
come up with it. I suppose I shall have to work from the other
principle: go to a shop and buy what's there, rather than hunt for the
unfindable.

Thanks very much for trying.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)

Hi I've got a meter of it in a different colour way, the red in yours is
blue in mine (I can ask Jack to scan it)
The selvedge says
The English Library. Designed by the Woodrow Studio, London England
I bought it 5-10 yrs ago,somewhere in Scotland!

Marion in Nitten
Old June 6th 10, 10:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Thank you, all of you. It has been of some help. It has certainly
pointed me in the direction of where to go. I think my original
fabric was an impulse buy at a show, with the view to buying more
later. You know the kind of thing, the FQ that makes the 'deal' work:
five for the price of three, or suchlike. Then THAT is the FQ you
need to use most. sigh!

Anyways, back to hospital, with some handstitching under my arm, but
no nearer to the fabric yet. When I get home for good, maybe I shall
have a good excuse for some shopping.

Oh, and I have some new gadgets to expose...

Till then...
Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old June 6th 10, 11:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

i'm off to bed now...finally.
keep safe, come home well.
kick any butts that need kicking at hospital.
cant wait to see those gadgets, i love'em too.
hugz, Nel.
j.

"Sartorresartus" wrote ...