OT OT OT-if ya dont like OT then hit delete now

Old April 2nd 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

Default OT OT OT-if ya dont like OT then hit delete now

due to popular opinion i'm going to take my troubles back
where i wanted to keep them in the first place so as not to
bother folks here who seem to be easily bothered when
reading OT and posts ping'n other folks not them.
cheers all you lovely delightful wonderfully considerate
amazingly compassionate empathetic somebodys.
there'll be no more discussion of my issues on rctq in the
future.
ttfe
j.

Old April 3rd 08, 01:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative[_3_]

Default OT OT OT-if ya dont like OT then hit delete now (if you're not Jeanne, read at your own risk)

For pete's sake, Jeanne ... her comment was directed at *me*, not you. I
can't toot without her telling me how stinky it was, so it's got, AFAICS,
nothing whatsoever to do with *you*. So don't you *dare* take her response
personally!!!

As Melanie said, we're all concerned about you. And as Jo said, this NG
isn't all about patchwork, it's about *people* here, too (And KJ's post
mirrors my thoughts, too!). And last I checked, you deserve an outlet here,
the right to vent a bit here, and the right to share your daily thoughts,
feelings, and hopes here, as much as anyone else -- even as much as she
does.

But FTR, in case a certain someone or two is reading this in addition to
*you*, my posting wasn't an attempt to be a jerk or be a subversive, but to
help the underdog in the situation (AKA, you against your local council).
I've seen too many "little guys" get "blanked" by the powers-what-be and I'd
rather not see that happen to you. The rights of a few shouldn't necessarily
be stomped on for the pleasure of many. My two cents.

--
Connie :-)
FREE patterns n' FREE eZine at my blog:

Old April 3rd 08, 04:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
JPgirl

I read the topic in question and I say if they don't like it, don't
read it.

I mean seriously this is a little ridiculous isn't it, we *are* adults
here, I don't think the childish little comment(s) have any place here
whatsoever.
If you don't want to read it nobody is forcing you to, in fact nobody
is forcing you to come here at all

Old April 3rd 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

There is always somebody who can find something to complain about. My
personal family of sisters, mother, etc. is full of those people.
That's why I'm not speaking to most of them right now. Jeanne, this ng
is the only contact I have with you and it's the only forum I have for
giving support to you -- and anybody else in the group going through
tough times. I need to do that. I struggle some days to find a reason
to keep going. Chronic pain and illness can take the fun out of just
about everything. But I have the ability to come here and be in a
community. I have the opportunity to rejoice, to celebrate, to pray
and cry and to offer strength and comfort. I need to be needed. I need
to know that there is a place where I am always welcome and always
needed. So, if some one/s need/s to be critical and sharp and
ridiculing, don't worry about them. The majority of us love one
another and feel the strong need to give support and to be there when
we are needed. Don't go away. If you do, it takes away one of my
reasons for keeping on going. I need all the reasons I can find, hun.

Hugs and more hugs
(and I'd come help you topple that damned pole if I could)
Sunny
Old April 4th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
desert quilter

On Apr 2, 3:07 pm, "nzlstar*" wrote:
due to popular opinion i'm going to take my troubles back
where i wanted to keep them in the first place so as not to
bother folks here who seem to be easily bothered when
reading OT and posts ping'n other folks not them.
cheers all you lovely delightful wonderfully considerate
amazingly compassionate empathetic somebodys.
there'll be no more discussion of my issues on rctq in the
future.
ttfe
j.

Hi Jeane,

I don't read the group as often as I'd like, so don't know the
specific situation, but imo, as long as the post is labeled OT, then
you may discuss whatever you'd like. There are a lot of genuine
friendships here, and friends help each other. We don't want to
remove that aspect from RCTQ.

Whomever made remarks needs to learn to skip the posts labeled OT.

Michelle in NV
Old April 4th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative[_3_]

Jeanne was the one using "OT" in her posts ... I'm the one that didn't. I
marked the post "PING: nzlstar*" thinking that that would be enough,
specifically hollering at *her* ... but apparently that *wasn't* enough and
it upset some other members.

Old April 4th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
desert quilter

On Apr 3, 7:54 pm, "SewVeryCreative"
wrote:
Jeanne was the one using "OT" in her posts ... I'm the one that didn't. I
marked the post "PING: nzlstar*" thinking that that would be enough,
specifically hollering at *her* ... but apparently that *wasn't* enough and
it upset some other members.
--
Connie :-)

Well Connie, I for one *understand* that PING is intended for a
specific person. Just like OT, readers are aware that the post may
not pertain to quilting. You did nothing wrong, imo.

Michelle in NV
Old April 4th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

i emailed both of you, connie and michelle and both were
returned.
yes i did fix the addys where needed.
i was hoping to just let this whole thing die on rctq.
it is only my problem.
no one here can help me.
it is something only i can fix.
so i'm truly sorry i relented and put the first tirade on
the group in the first place.
see all the carp i've caused.
there is enough important crap in the world without mine.
can we just let it die here on rctq please.
no more replys, no more anything. just let it die.
dead and gone out to sea in the stormwater drains of rctq.
cuz it just doesnt matter.
j.

"SewVeryCreative" wrote...
Thanks, Michelle ... I wasn't sure if I inadvertently did
a "no-no." I don't
usually "ping" people, so it's hard to tell!

I *thought* that using "ping" in place of "OT" would be
more appropriate --
since "OT" invites oodles of others to read, just warns
them that it's not
quilty ... and "ping" targets a specific person so others
would know that
it's not necessarily inviting to read.

Usually "pings" are simply "I emailed you, did you get
it?" and so I didn't
think that my little ol' ping would be seen as so juicy
and controversial!
Figured others would see it and just shrug!

Old April 5th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
desert quilter

On Apr 4, 1:31 pm, "nzlstar*" wrote:
i emailed both of you, connie and michelle and both were
returned.
yes i did fix the addys where needed.
i was hoping to just let this whole thing die on rctq.
it is only my problem.
no one here can help me.
it is something only i can fix.
so i'm truly sorry i relented and put the first tirade on
the group in the first place.
see all the carp i've caused.
there is enough important crap in the world without mine.
can we just let it die here on rctq please.
no more replys, no more anything. just let it die.
dead and gone out to sea in the stormwater drains of rctq.
cuz it just doesnt matter.
j.

Okay Jeanne. No problem. I'll let it go. However, I wanted to say
something when I saw this thread because I remember another quilter on
RCTQ got jumped on over an OT post, and I still stand on the
principle.

Sorry about the bouncing email. The one registered for the newsgroup
collected so much spam that I quit checking it. It's probably
defunct. I am in the directory though.

Best regards,
Michelle in NV