I can't believe it

Old December 2nd 03, 03:12 AM
Shillelagh

Default I can't believe it

I bought some yarn for a sweater to knit for my daughter. I think they're
going to have to put me out to pasture.... I didn't buy enough yarn - and
guess why.... the amount given in the instructions was for 100 gm balls.
The yarn I bought is in 50 gm balls. And, I was visiting my daughter - 1000
miles away... anyhow, I've sent her the info to see if the store I bought
from has any left in the right dye lot.... wish me luck in obtaining more.
I'll keep you posted.

And yes, I know if I can just get more in the same yarn and even a close dye
lot, I can alternate the skeins on alternate rows - so I will do that if I
have to. Have you ever wanted to kick yourself? Well I sure do right this
minute - but it's okay, I don't need volunteers (wry laugh).

Shelagh

Old December 2nd 03, 05:23 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:12:11 -0600, Shillelagh wrote:

I bought some yarn for a sweater to knit for my daughter. I think they're
going to have to put me out to pasture.... I didn't buy enough yarn - and
guess why.... the amount given in the instructions was for 100 gm balls.
The yarn I bought is in 50 gm balls. And, I was visiting my daughter - 1000
miles away... anyhow, I've sent her the info to see if the store I bought
from has any left in the right dye lot.... wish me luck in obtaining more.
I'll keep you posted.

And yes, I know if I can just get more in the same yarn and even a close dye
lot, I can alternate the skeins on alternate rows - so I will do that if I
have to. Have you ever wanted to kick yourself? Well I sure do right this
minute - but it's okay, I don't need volunteers (wry laugh).

Shelagh

Oh, Shelagh!
It's happened to all of us, I'd venture!
No sense beating yourself up about it.....
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 2nd 03, 05:49 AM
G.Kelly

Shillelagh I sure can qualify for membership of this type of thing God
bless gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old December 2nd 03, 05:52 AM
Shillelagh

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Oh Shillelagh , it is not you !!!it is THOSE manufactureres who really
do the mess ,,, i think they should put the weight in HUGE sized
numbers,,, sometimes i suspect they do it on purpose in the Tiniest
numbers ,,,

Aaahh Mirjam - you are so sweet and kind. I'm sure I'll be able to solve
the problem, as this colour and yarn are quite common and in abundance. I'm
just a little mad at myself for not being more careful.

It's Patons Astra yarn in a silver grey mix.... I'm not too worried about
getting more. At least it hasn't been discontinued.

Just in case you can`t find the smae color , Be creative ,
If you find a `similar looking wool ,,,, maybe change pattern as well
[ this is Very IN sweaters in various patterns ] it might distract the
eye from seeing that it is not a 100% match.

The pattern is a fairly simple cable and rib pattern, and I'm sure
everything will turn out all right - I'm just a little frustrated with
myself, so of course came to my friends to vent a little. Thanks for your
encouragement.

Shelagh

Old December 2nd 03, 06:12 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Oh Shillelagh , it is not you !!!it is THOSE manufactureres who really
do the mess ,,, i think they should put the weight in HUGE sized
numbers,,, sometimes i suspect they do it on purpose in the Tiniest
numbers ,,,
Just in case you can`t find the smae color , Be creative ,
If you find a `similar looking wool ,,,, maybe change pattern as well
[ this is Very IN sweaters in various patterns ] it might distract the
eye from seeing that it is not a 100% match.
If you can`t find any similar wool , maybe choose a tottal Opposite
color and tell all that you meant a `patchwork` look for your work ,
You might also have under part inone color upper part in second color
etc...
mirjam
please no self kick ,,, it happened to me and probably will happen
again .. mirjam

Old December 2nd 03, 08:19 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Shillelagh ,,, i just put the kettle on ,,, i have some nice brown
Pitas which i heated .... sit down,,,, and Rant it ,,,, but it is not
you !!!! anyway have you read my shawl description ,, i , me , mirjam
miscalculated the width of the shawl ,,,,,, it happened to ALLLLLLL
mirjam

Old December 2nd 03, 01:19 PM
Janise Ross

Shelagh,

Why don't you also tell us what the dye lot numbers, etc are and if any
of us happen to come across this yarn, we can let you know.

Janise

Old December 2nd 03, 04:24 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Shelagh,

Been there, done that many times, now I usually buy way more that I need and
have to find a use for the leftover.

Hugs,

Nora
Old December 2nd 03, 06:10 PM
Laurie

Almost without exception, when I do something like this (which is more
times than not so if I kicked myself everytime I'd be in trouble) it
forces me to be creative and it always ends up being a better end
result than if it had all worked out as originally planned.

Happy accidents. I'm a big fan...

Laurie
Washougal, WA
Old December 2nd 03, 08:29 PM
JJMolvik

I always err in your direction, Nora. Inadvertent S.E.X. is what I try to
consider it.

JJMolvik