Vicki's New Creations

Old January 5th 04, 08:19 PM
Harry

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:48:01 -0800, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Harry :

]Me again! After looking at them several times I can't help but notice
]the one on the left appears to be a lighting bolt and if worn as a
]pendant would direct the power to the heart. Very power design!

Wow - thanks, Harry!

You are very welcome!
Thank you.
Old January 5th 04, 08:21 PM
Harry

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:49:03 -0800, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Marisa Cappetta"
:

]It's good to see something understated that lets the beauty of the
]shell predominate.

thank you, Marisa!
i thought the copper set it off better than the silver this time, but
i'm still playing with them. they are LOVELY right out of the package
from Harry!

LOL... This is wierd... my wife sent some shell pieces to her mother and she won't take them out of the bag or let
anyone touch them. LOL She said they are hers and they stay in the bag! Honest!

Old January 5th 04, 09:05 PM
Harry

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 12:58:01 -0800, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Harry :

]LOL... This is wierd... my wife sent some shell pieces to her mother
]and she won't take them out of the bag or let
]anyone touch them. LOL She said they are hers and they stay in the bag! Honest!

**LOL** well, i always want to "make things", but i can understand
her not wanting anything to happen to them. when i first saw them, i
was afraid they might be too fragile for the wire wrap - but they
weren't!

When I first started in Paua shells I was afraid to tumble them. I even wrote a
guy and ask how to, because I was afraid I would end up with shell dust. lol
They are very durable and strong... if not tumbled to thin. Found that out the
hard way... but I do like glitter also. LOL
Old January 5th 04, 09:47 PM
Shirley Shone

I shall be able to drill holes after next Sunday. DS bought me the
Dremel for Christmas and I get the drill stand on Sunday for my
birthday.
Shirley

In article , vj
writes
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from uybeads
(BeckiBead) :

]Holes, Harry. You need to learn to do holes.

yes!

although, if i had received the drill press i asked for . . .

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books)
http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
The measure of the menace of a man is not what
hardware he carries, but what ideas he believes.-- Jeff Jordan

--
Shirley Shone

Old January 5th 04, 10:01 PM
Harry

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 21:47:57 +0000, Shirley Shone wrote:
Wosssssssssshhhhhhhhh!
Now that took a load off my mind! lol But I am going to start drilling some with holes, but I will
try to decide which shouldn't be drilled so they can be wire wrapped.
Great... something else to think about and learn... judgment! lol
Harry

Old January 5th 04, 10:04 PM
Harry

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 13:53:10 -0800, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Shirley Shone
:

]I shall be able to drill holes after next Sunday. DS bought me the
]Dremel for Christmas and I get the drill stand on Sunday for my
]birthday.

i probably won't be able to get the drill stand now until after i
move. but i WILL have one!

good for you, Shirley!

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
The measure of the menace of a man is not what
hardware he carries, but what ideas he believes.-- Jeff Jordan

I have a brand new drill press stand for my Dremel and it will get used soon.
I hope it doesn't break... Just Kidding!

Old January 5th 04, 11:22 PM
Christina Peterson

Undrilled round would be best for most bead bezel work. Which is a common
use. Something as small as 1/2 would be great fr earrings.

Tina

"Harry" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 05:38:28 +0800, "Marisa Cappetta"

wrote:

Go for it, Harry!
Marisa (AU/NZ)
WOW! They are very pretty indeed! I think I found something else
I might have to learn how to do.
Harry

I am going to attemp mutiple answers and question with this one post! LOL
1. How do you even begin to do wire wrapping?
2. About the holes. I can drill holes, but I have no idea what size or

where to put them.
3. If I drill the hole in the wrong side of the shell... will anyone be

upset? Other than me? lol
4. What would you, (anyone), conside a perfect sized shell for: Earring,

Pendant, Bracelet, Anklet drops?
5. Is this alot to ask?
6. Does people prefer free form over cut sizes? Shapes? Round? brain went

blank...
7. What the best judgement to use as weather a piece of shell should be

drilled or wrapped?
8. I have tumbled some sea beach glass that is lead crystal I beileve...

how would I drill a hole in some of the pieces?
9. What size and type of bit would I have to use? Some of the glass pieces

are thick and big.
Thanks
Harry

Old January 6th 04, 01:18 AM
Debbie B

Shirley,
This must have been a dremel christmas.....

My Husband bought me a deluxe dremel, deluxe accessories, and a router
attachment.

LOL

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short

---

Old January 6th 04, 06:38 AM
Shirley Shone

It looks like it was.
Just after Christmas I went to Focus the nearest store that sold Dremel
bits and pieces. Alas they have stopped doing them, the only thing they
had was the router attachment which was on sale at half price. 30GBP
about 53 dollars at today's rate.

My son said I would be better off getting some spares from USA as they
are cheaper and the exchange rate is good for us at the moment.
I want a flexible drive and will use polishing and cutting disc's more
than anything else.
Shirley

In article k.net,
Debbie B writes

Old January 10th 04, 10:24 PM
Helen Page

Shirley Shone wrote:
re dremels
I want a flexible drive and will use polishing and cutting disc's more
than anything else.

I want a flexible drive too, as mine's corded and quite bulky for craft
stuff. It came with various bits including cutting disks (I've only broken
one so far!). Our local model shop has loads of bits, do you have one near
you? If not I can post you some disks or whatever bits you need. (swapsies?)