Good professional quilters in NJ?

Old February 22nd 04, 03:16 PM
AliceW

Lizzy, I work in Edison and live south of Trenton. How long will you be
here? I have two wonderful quilters that I use and would be glad to
recommend them. How big is the quilt? Did you want to take it back with
you? What pattern is the quilt?

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us

"Lizzy Taylor" wrote in message
.. .
: Looks like DH may have some consulting to do in Edison NJ, possibly
: early April. I'm hoping that the boys and I will be able to join him
: for a week and given the strength of the pound against the dollar was
: wondering whether to get a finished top quilted while I was over (or at
: least left with the quilter). Given as it is not easy for me to look at
: examples of quilting from 3000 miles away does anybody have any
: recommendations of goood quilters in the area?
:
: We will probably stay in the Trenton area as DH has good friends there.
: I'll also be open for some S.E.X. with any local RCTQers too, of
: course ;-)
:
: Lizzy
: --
: Lizzy Taylor
: Heywood, Lancashire, UK 53:36:00N 2:06:00E
: http://www.thetaylorfamily.org.uk
:

Old February 22nd 04, 05:26 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Lizzy Taylor" wrote in message
.. .
Looks like DH may have some consulting to do in Edison NJ, possibly
early April. I'm hoping that the boys and I will be able to join him
for a week and given the strength of the pound against the dollar was
wondering whether to get a finished top quilted while I was over (or at
least left with the quilter). Given as it is not easy for me to look at
examples of quilting from 3000 miles away does anybody have any
recommendations of goood quilters in the area?

Most of the better quilters will be booked up long past April (unless you're
talking April 2005). The best you can hope for is to leave the top while
you're here. But you might check on the cost of getting that finished quilt
mailed back to you -- that might negate any savings on the quilting.

A couple of websites to check the mailing costs are http://www.usps.com and
http://www.ups.com

Hope that helps!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old February 22nd 04, 09:40 PM
Two x over

alice...
i live sorta by you (in waterford, near hammonton....) would love it if you
could email me the names of the quilters you use....thanks!

betsey
betsey
"we do not inherit the earth, we caretake it for our children"
Old February 23rd 04, 10:53 AM
Lizzy Taylor

Kathy Applebaum wrote:

Most of the better quilters will be booked up long past April (unless you're
talking April 2005). The best you can hope for is to leave the top while
you're here. But you might check on the cost of getting that finished quilt
mailed back to you -- that might negate any savings on the quilting.

Luckily my DSIL lives in Florida so I can get it sent to her after
quilting where it will wait until one of my parents-in-law is over to
bring it back for me.

Lizzy

Old February 23rd 04, 03:15 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Kathy Applebaum wrote:

Most of the better quilters will be booked up long past April (unless

you're
talking April 2005). The best you can hope for is to leave the top while
you're here. But you might check on the cost of getting that finished

quilt
mailed back to you -- that might negate any savings on the quilting.

Luckily my DSIL lives in Florida so I can get it sent to her after
quilting where it will wait until one of my parents-in-law is over to
bring it back for me.

Wow, must be great in-laws if they will actually give the quilt back to
you -- I'm not sure mine would! ROFLOL!!!

Old February 23rd 04, 04:58 PM
Lizzy Taylor

Kathy Applebaum wrote:
"Lizzy Taylor" wrote
Luckily my DSIL lives in Florida so I can get it sent to her after
quilting where it will wait until one of my parents-in-law is over to
bring it back for me.

Wow, must be great in-laws if they will actually give the quilt back to
you -- I'm not sure mine would! ROFLOL!!!

Ahh, well, it won't be finished - who'd want a quilt that still needed
binding ;-) Besides which, they live only a mile away from me and I ahve
a key.....

Lizzy

Old March 5th 04, 06:29 PM
Lizzy Taylor

AliceW wrote:
Lizzy, I work in Edison and live south of Trenton. How long will you be
here? I have two wonderful quilters that I use and would be glad to
recommend them. How big is the quilt? Did you want to take it back with
you? What pattern is the quilt?

Sorry to take so long to get back to you Alice life has been busy with
DS2's 4th birthday, decorating a room so we could have a visitor etc.etc.

Here is a link to the page with the top on it:
http://www.thetaylorfamily.org.uk/challenges.html

and a link to the picture of the top itself:
http://www.thetaylorfamily.org.uk/qu...mayflowers.jpg

It will look less wrinkly when ironed, but as you can see it has been
inspected. I couldn't even take another picture as the batteries in the
digital camera promptly ran out of charge.

Lizzy

Old March 6th 04, 01:16 AM
AliceW

Lizzy, I remember the "Finish It" projects very well and still have mine on
my website too. Do you know what kind of pattern you want to have done? My
one quilter is out of commission for a few weeks due to shoulder surgery,
but the other one is available. Keep in touch.