My yarn addiction

Old December 12th 03, 07:49 PM
Elsa

Default My yarn addiction

Sent this to a friend of mine when she sent an email "helpfully" letting
me know about a yarn sale...

--------------

Hello, my name is Elsa, and I am a yarn addict. It's been 16 days since my last yarn purchase.

I started buying yarn in 2001. It started so innocently. I'd buy yarn only when I started a
project, and this lasted about a year. Then I started to slide. I'd start another project
before the first one was done, and then soon I had 3-4 projects going at the same time! I'd go
to my LYS and touch the various yarns in the cubbies, knowing that I really did not need the
yarn, but then I'd pick up a ball or two, just to "try" them out.

At the beginning of this summer, the compulsion grew at an alarming rate. I started to buy yarn
for future projects, though I knew that it would be quite a while before I would have the time to
get to those projects. And then I started to buy yarn just because I had to have it. I did not
have a project in mind for the yarn; I just had to have it in my stash.

I have tried to keep my husband from finding out how big my stash is. I keep most of the yarn in
a big plastic storage container, but I also have some in my closet and some in my file cabinet at
work. Sometimes, I keep a bag of yarn in the trunk of my car, just so he doesn't find out that I
have acquired more yarn. I suspect he knows something is going on, but he is not quite ready to
launch an intervention yet.

I know this is my problem, but there are so many fellow yarn lovers/addicts around me. They mean
well by pointing out cool yarns and big yarn sales, but it's like we are all enablers of
each other's addiction. Do I have to go cold-turkey or can I wean myself off this hunger for
more yarn?

Old December 12th 03, 09:41 PM
CMM PDX2

Sent this to a friend of mine when she sent an email "helpfully"
letting me know about a yarn sale...

snip

ROFL, Elsa, this is great!

Gee...now I'm regretting I don't have a car. I never *thought* of using the
trunk!

Monica

CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
Old December 13th 03, 01:05 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:49:58 -0500, Elsa wrote:

[...]

Elsa,
this was GREAT!
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 13th 03, 01:06 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On 12 Dec 2003 20:41:52 GMT, CMM PDX2 wrote:

Sent this to a friend of mine when she sent an email "helpfully"
letting me know about a yarn sale...

snip

ROFL, Elsa, this is great!

Gee...now I'm regretting I don't have a car. I never *thought* of using the
trunk!

Monica

OMG, I just ran across a t-shirt that says:

YARN HO.

That's me!!!
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 13th 03, 03:29 AM
Lisa C

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
On 12 Dec 2003 20:41:52 GMT, CMM PDX2 wrote:

Sent this to a friend of mine when she sent an email "helpfully"
letting me know about a yarn sale...

snip

ROFL, Elsa, this is great!

Gee...now I'm regretting I don't have a car. I never *thought* of using

the
trunk!

Monica

OMG, I just ran across a t-shirt that says:

YARN HO.

That's me!!!
Noreen

Please post the link to that t-shirt!

Old December 13th 03, 05:11 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 02:29:35 GMT, Lisa C wrote:

Please post the link to that t-shirt!

Lisa, it was ONE of them that I posted that really long list of, I think
the subject line was for your surfing pleasure?
Jeez, I'll look, and if I find it, I WILL post it!
Noreen
the yarn ho!

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.

Old December 13th 03, 12:08 PM
Aud

ELSA! I stopped beathing, reading you!
I thought that was MY secret!
What a relief, though! LOL!!!
AUD ;-))

--

"Elsa" skrev i melding

Old December 13th 03, 01:32 PM
Kari

Elsa,
What a wonderfully creative mind you have.!!! I would NEVER have thought of
a reply like that.

--
Kari (in the UK)
SpamTrap: I will have "no spam" emailed to me!

"Elsa" wrote in message ...
Sent this to a friend of mine when she sent an email "helpfully" letting
me know about a yarn sale...

--------------

Hello, my name is Elsa, and I am a yarn addict. It's been 16 days since

my last yarn purchase.

etc ......................

Old December 13th 03, 03:46 PM
Trevor & Amber Ward

http://www.cafeshops.com/knitty

Amber

"Lisa C" wrote in message
. net...

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
On 12 Dec 2003 20:41:52 GMT, CMM PDX2 wrote:

Sent this to a friend of mine when she sent an email "helpfully"
letting me know about a yarn sale...
snip

ROFL, Elsa, this is great!

Gee...now I'm regretting I don't have a car. I never *thought* of

using
the
trunk!

Monica

OMG, I just ran across a t-shirt that says:

YARN HO.

That's me!!!
Noreen

Please post the link to that t-shirt!

ISO Yarn Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 12 September 25th 04 02:19 PM
Yarn Forward Yarn Forward Yarn 2 November 30th 03 09:52 PM
FA Lots of Vintage Yarn! Noru, Pingouin, Lopi, More! DorothyRose1912 Marketplace 0 November 14th 03 03:19 AM
Aaaaaaaagghhh!! Slippery yarn rant... CMM PDX2 Yarn 8 September 1st 03 07:27 PM
New Yarn - Bernat Lu Lu Make Up Yarn 6 July 29th 03 09:16 AM