Spiral Idea

Old October 10th 03, 04:44 PM
scaperchick

Default Spiral Idea

Hey all,

I haven't been able to participate here much lately, so I wanted to at
least pop in and share a design idea - I highly doubt I'm the first
person to have thought of it, of course, but I love the look of this
technique so much that I want to spread it around.

It's just a single spiral, but done with size 8 core beads, and size 1
bugles and size 15 seeds for the outer spiral. You can create quite a
few different color coordinations. Just string 1 size 15, 1 bugle, 1
size 15, one bugle, and one more size 15, for the outer spiral. Size
8 core beads will support the length of each row of outer beads.

I have one with blue iris core beads, black bugles, and both matte
black and blue iris size 15's. It's really groovy-looking!

The only drag about this technique is that, in order to keep the
spiral from going all flat and sloppy, it's necessary to go back and
ladder-stitch (or RAW) every outer row to the next. Which is tedious
as heck, but it really makes a difference in the finished look.

Just thought someone might like a new (or at least, new to me) way to
do spirals. Enjoy!

Spiral Idea scaperchick Beads 4 October 13th 03 09:14 PM
*sigh* Another great idea up in smoke... Tink Beads 29 August 20th 03 05:32 PM
Sooz's Challenge idea.... Challenge angela Beads 10 August 17th 03 07:04 AM
An Idea Jalynne Beads 30 July 31st 03 05:15 AM
An Original Idea Christina Peterson Beads 10 July 9th 03 05:38 AM