Need help decreasing

Old January 30th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Need help decreasing

I'm a new knitter, and I really need some help, as I find myself with too
many stitches in the row. I started out with 68. After knitting a few
rows, I now have 69, and I can't find where the extra stitch was added.
Without ripping out and starting over how do I get rid of the extra stitch?

Diane M

Old January 30th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia

you can just knit two stitches together (as if they were one), maybe at the
beginning or end of a row. (Actually there are a dozen or so ways to
decrease, but this is a simple one, and likly to be inobtrusive at the end
of a row.)

Georgia

. net...

Old January 31st 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

"Georgia" wrote in message
m...
you can just knit two stitches together (as if they were one), maybe at
the
beginning or end of a row. (Actually there are a dozen or so ways to
decrease, but this is a simple one, and likly to be inobtrusive at the end
of a row.)

Georgia

" wrote in message
. net...
I'm a new knitter, and I really need some help, as I find myself with too
many stitches in the row. I started out with 68. After knitting a few
rows, I now have 69, and I can't find where the extra stitch was added.
Without ripping out and starting over how do I get rid of the extra

stitch?

Diane M

Thank you, Georgia. Simple. Why didn't I think of that?

Diane

Old January 31st 07, 11:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Next time you will thinkl of it ,,,
Now take care and from time to time count ,,, since you have so many
stiches ,i have an idea for you ,,,, make 3 loops of a different color
than your knitting , count 17 stitches , put loop on needle and when
knitting next rows just move it from needle to needle, knit 17 put 2nd
loop , knit 17 put 3rd loop,,,, this way you will count each 1/4 of
your work has to have 17 stitches and you will feel you control the
number better = feel when you add or loose one !!!
As you describe it you `probably` lifted a thread between the stiches
somewhere with the needle ,,,, take care to have proper lighting when
you work ,,
I wish many years of happy creative knitting ,
mirjam

"Georgia" wrote in message
om...
you can just knit two stitches together (as if they were one), maybe at
the
beginning or end of a row. (Actually there are a dozen or so ways to
decrease, but this is a simple one, and likly to be inobtrusive at the end
of a row.)

Georgia

. net...

Decreasing Evenly hesira Yarn 21 September 9th 06 02:09 PM
Knit sweater -- Decreasing on the wrong side Julie Yarn 8 September 28th 05 03:45 AM
Decreasing the size of a pattern Jennifer Yarn 3 February 8th 05 02:59 PM