AD - Organic Bloom and More!

Old September 16th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dawn >^..^

Default AD - Organic Bloom and More!

Hi Y'all,

I listed 5 new auctions last night. Although it still feels like summer
here, I've been trying to get in the fall mood with my bead colors.
I think my favorite set this week would have to be "Organic Bloom". I make
my own silvered ivory frit and it creates such a cool granite like effect.
It's a perfect backdrop for the rich purples and turquoise in this set.

Why don't you click on over and take a peek....http://tinyurl.com/qyva7

Thanks for looking!
Have a beady-utiful weekend!
Dawn
"Art Insomnia"
Web Site http://www.art-insomnia.com

Old September 16th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dawn >^..^

Not sure how I messed up my link, but here it is....

http://tinyurl.com/qyva7

Old September 16th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Ok. WOW!!! These are all just spectacular. I love them all, can't even
pick a favorite. I love that look of the frit having been pulled so it
looks like a fern leaf. I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet
but at least I did learn to do the twists! Great job Dawn!

Cheryl

Old September 16th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Mmmmmmmm Harvest is heaven!!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old September 17th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Dawn -- I was just on the phone with my friend Carol Hopkins (Salt Lake
City) while I was laying out in the sun, and she told me, unsolicited,
about how great the beads were that she got from you!! GURL -- she
would know! She has boxes and boxes of lampwork and she really likes
the work that YOU do -- kudos to you!!!

Becki

Old September 19th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dawn >^..^

Thanks Cheryl!
That technique is called raking. I just heat the surface of the bead and
pull the very tip of my tungsten pick through it. Some people can rake all
the way around the bead at once, but I spot heat and pull a section at a
time so I don't pull the bead out of shape. Oh, and if you don't have a
tungsten pick, you can do the same thing with a cold stringer. Try it! It's
fun!

--
Dawn
"Art Insomnia"
Web Site http://www.art-insomnia.com
Auctions http://tinyurl.com/qyva7
oups.com...

Old September 19th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dawn >^..^

Thanks Kandice!!!
Still waiting for it to feel like fall down here.
--
Dawn
"Art Insomnia"
Web Site http://www.art-insomnia.com
Auctions http://tinyurl.com/qyva7

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
Mmmmmmmm Harvest is heaven!!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old September 19th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dawn >^..^

Thanks Becki!
Carol is such a sweetheart! She bought some beads from me way back when I
was doing the polymer clay. Then, she just recently found me again and got a
real nice set of glass beads. It was like a happy little reunion.
--
Dawn
"Art Insomnia"
Web Site http://www.art-insomnia.com
Auctions http://tinyurl.com/qyva7

ups.com...

Old September 20th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Dawn ^..^ wrote:
Thanks Cheryl!
That technique is called raking. I just heat the surface of the bead and
pull the very tip of my tungsten pick through it. Some people can rake all
the way around the bead at once, but I spot heat and pull a section at a
time so I don't pull the bead out of shape. Oh, and if you don't have a
tungsten pick, you can do the same thing with a cold stringer. Try it! It's
fun!

She's right, it's fun and addictive, and you can get so many effects
with it! Definitely worth mastering.
Old September 20th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Dawn ^..^ wrote:
Thanks Becki!
Carol is such a sweetheart! She bought some beads from me way back when I
was doing the polymer clay. Then, she just recently found me again and got a
real nice set of glass beads. It was like a happy little reunion.

Carol is a doll and a half, and she knows lampwork better than most
lampworkers I know! Yours is pure joy (sighing, wishing I was working
this week so I could justify bidding on some of yours) How is she doing?
I haven't talked to her for a while.