Where Does a UFO Start

Old June 20th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Where Does a UFO Start

Where does a UFO start? It starts out as a WHIMM (Work Hidden in My Mind).

After a FART (Fabric Acquisition Road Trip) and some SEX (Stash
Enhancing eXperience) it becomes a PIG (Project in a Grocery Sack).

The PIG becomes a HSY (pronounced hissy ...means Haven't Started Yet).
Once you have a HSY fit and begin work, it becomes a WIP (Work in
Progress). The WIP becomes a UFO (UnFulfilled Opportunity... (I like
that better then Unfinished Object which sounds so negative) as soon as
some other project grabs and holds your attention more than the project
that was a WIP.
Old June 20th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh dear. My PIG is the stage of top completed, backing purchased, put
together in bag and awaiting the money to get it quilted by the
long-armer! Do I have my PIGs in a row? It sounds like I might be out
of sync...maybe my PIG has a different name and I have named it
incorrectly!

Dannielle

Old June 20th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

LOL, that's inspired.

I've been chipping away at my UFOs. I do have a couple of PIGs sitting
around that need a HSY fit. Current WIP is the chess quilt. Next
project is currently a WHIMM that needs a FART.

*snort* *giggle* *laugh*

--

blackrosequilts
My train of thought left the station without me.

2005 BOMs: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blackrosequilts/my_photos

-------- __o
Old June 20th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

ROFLOL! I have that many WHIMMs floating around that when they become FARTs
it's going to sound like a Salvation Army band tuning up!!!

Oh Lordy! Thanks for a good laugh.

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (PS I've got one WHIMM
very soon to become a single FART which will aim to be a WIP just as soon as