What Are You Working On??

Old June 8th 05, 02:29 PM
frood

Default What Are You Working On??

It's been awhile since we've had this post, so here it is. I love reading
about what everyone is working on. I'm amazed at how much some people
achieve, but no matter how prolific, I am always inspired by reading about
other projects.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old June 8th 05, 02:39 PM
frood

Ok, I'll go first! As I may have mentioned before (I'm only extremely
excited about this!), I'm in charge of my guild's Block Party committee for
the coming year. Each month, the Block Party hands out a pattern and some
fabric to make a block. Members add some of their own fabric, bring back the
completed block, and we raffle them off to 1 or 2 lucky participants.

I've planned almost all of the blocks we'll use (I'm still waiting to be
inspired for a couple more months), based on a theme of Home Comforts. In
order to have samples completed for the September meeting, I had to get
started early! That meant.... fabric shopping! I wanted to make sure that
the samples and the hand-outs were the same fabric, so I had to figure out
how much each month would take, and buy all the fabric needed at once. I did
miscalculate Sept's fabric, so gosh, darn, I'll have to go shopping again!
;-P

I've been paper piecing some candy corn blocks for Oct. I couldn't find a
free pattern I liked, so I drafted my own. Then I had to test it out, and do
some reversed blocks... now I have enough to put together a small wall
hanging to use as a sample!

Next, on to coffee cups. I've done a couple variations of paper-pieced cups,
and I'll do an applique one, as well.

By the time the Sept. meeting rolls around, I should be ready! My small Bee
group has offered to help make samples so I don't have to do it all myself.
But I'm having such fun, I may not need them! It really feels good to be
sewing again. :-D

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

. ..

Old June 8th 05, 02:46 PM
CNYstitcher

Well, I did some decorative stitching on both sides of the "floral
flamingo" quilt for my dad and mom2 last night. I'm trying to get
through as many projects as I can before we have to get the house packed
and ready for moving. I figure that way, I won't lose any of the bits
and pieces if they get places in different boxes. Only prbolem was
that, when I held them up together, the flamingo side is about 4 inches
wider than the floral side, and the floral side is about 6 inches longer
than the flamingo side sigh. I was h oping to get them evened up
today, but I remembered this morning that today is the last meeting of
the support group I belong to (for families of children with special
needs). SO...it looks like that will be tonights project...not sure
what I will do after that.

Larisa

Old June 8th 05, 02:59 PM
Taria

Hey Wendy, I won the set of blocks at my guild mtg. yesterday. Only 10
churn dash since it was a small turnout but it is fun to win anyway.
The quilt on my bed is from blocks I won several years ago.

I am kind of in a slump on projects right now so I have been quilting
tops for kids charity quilts. I have a feathered star going but about
14 (or 16?) blocks into the 20 I need I have hit the wall. I am sick
of all those little pieces.
I took Peggy Martins' class (NYB)last week so I have that calling to me.
http://peggymartinquilts.com/

I need something to wear for a shower so I pulled some wonderful
challis fabrics out for maybe a skirt or simple dress. I haven't
done much clothing construction in a good while so that could be
a challenge.
Guess I am having a tough time being focused this week. I'm hoping to
get inspired with what everyone else is working on!
Taria

Old June 8th 05, 03:00 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:29:43 GMT, "frood"
wrote:

It's been awhile since we've had this post, so here it is. I love reading
about what everyone is working on. I'm amazed at how much some people
achieve, but no matter how prolific, I am always inspired by reading about
other projects.

Hmm. I'm doing some birdhouse blocks for Colleen's swap, some scrap
box blocks for Connie's swap, and also doing some fabric balls. So
far I've done one red and pink ball with 1 1/2" finished triangles,
and now I'm doing some with 2" finished triangles. Plus I'm drawing
sketches for that Sunflower wallhanging I've been hired to do....

-- Jo in Scotland
Old June 8th 05, 03:03 PM
Jessamy

I am up to my eyeballs making some quilts I designed for a importer /
distributor of quilt fabrics the first two are almost ready and will be used
for a demo on the 18th and the patterns will be off to other parts of Europe
shortly afterwards. After these two I have a king size quilt to make and
several more are in the works too!

somewhere in-between I have other stuff to do too - it all happened at the
same time and sadly the day only has 24 hours

--
Jessamy
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad
[...]

. ..

Old June 8th 05, 03:09 PM
maryd

On the table at the moment are pinwheel blocks for my scrappy quilt. I'll
do a few more of those today then do some more quilting on the puppy quilt.

--
Mary
"frood" wrote in message
. ..
: It's been awhile since we've had this post, so here it is. I love reading
: about what everyone is working on. I'm amazed at how much some people
: achieve, but no matter how prolific, I am always inspired by reading about
: other projects.
:
: --
: Wendy
: http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm

Old June 8th 05, 03:20 PM
bdiane

I am still working on my French whole cloth quilt. I got inspired by
the book Quilts of Provence by Berenson,Kathryn. It is a mild quilt.
I used cream on one side and sage on the other with appropriate cream
/sage shade for each side of Mettler silk finish. I am doing it in
tiny satin stitch on my Bernina. Very calm but the designs are working.
I wish I would have used thicker Warm and Natural now so it would poof
more when it is done... Oh well. Live and learn.barbie in williamsburg

Old June 8th 05, 03:34 PM
Lisa Caryl

Hi Wendy,
I'm finishing up a cq project. I made a block with a celestial theme and
used it for the top of a square papier-mâché box. I have to add felt to the
bottom of the box, then add the legs I made for the bottom. I can do that
after I get the black felt today. I accidentally bought dark brown...arg!!!!

Last night, I drew out the pieces for a sunflower wall hanging onto Heat and
Bond. The quilt will be in batiks. The centers of the sunflowers are
embellished with fiber/yarn "lace" and beads. I can't wait to get all those
petals cut out of the fabric so I can get going on the quilt.

After that, I will get back to blocks I need to do for an exchange.

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

Old June 8th 05, 04:04 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

I'm still working on the Cupps 50th Anniversary Quilt - It takes longer than
my pieced quilts usually take because I am doing 3-d applique. But the WIP
so far is in my Webshots Snigs Album in Pix #1

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \