Fast and Loose!!

Old October 27th 03, 10:52 PM
SlinkyToy

Default Fast and Loose!!

Hats, that is! Get your minds out of the gutter! *g*

I found some LionBrand Bulky Woolease in the clearance bin at
HobbyLobby last week and couldn't pass on it - it *does* have some
wool in it, after all. For the past several days I've been knitting
fast and loose - I dug out my #17 circs, which are a bear when I put
'em on the 16" cable, and I've been making charity hats.

We've had our first "cold snap" with temps in the 40s, and my son has
expressed some concern that the guys standing on street corners with
their "Out of Work, Kids to Feed" signs, which he can't yet read, by
the way, will be cold as none of them he's seen have had caps on.

So I'll be handing a cap to every homeless person I see with a note
signed by my son.

At least until the yarn runs out.
Old October 27th 03, 11:14 PM
Karen

I wish I could find that on sale! I used WoolEase chunky to make a couple
of "helmets" from a patterin in the last issue of Knitters magazine --
they're hats with just the face exposed, and a long yoke that covers the
neck as well, and plan to do the same thing as you are doing with the hats.

I think it's so heartwarming that your son saw those guys standing out there
and thought about them being cold without hats, especially given he can't
read the "out of work" signs. He sounds like a very cool kid!

Karen in MN

Old October 28th 03, 12:30 AM
JJMolvik

You're bringing that little guy up right!!!!!

JJMolvik

Old October 28th 03, 08:20 AM
Ophelia

"Karen" wrote in message
I wish I could find that on sale! I used WoolEase chunky to make a couple
of "helmets" from a patterin in the last issue of Knitters magazine --
they're hats with just the face exposed, and a long yoke that covers the
neck as well, and plan to do the same thing as you are doing with the

hats.

We call these Balaclavas. The pattern I used 40 years ago for my children
is now out again for use for my grandson)

Old October 28th 03, 12:32 PM
Carol in TN

What a wonderful son you are raising. Seeing that the men need caps. Wish
I could see the note he is making - be sure to save one for him when he is
grown.
Carol in TN
PS. Also very nice of you to make the hats.

Old October 28th 03, 03:11 PM
Trish

What a great idea Slinky:)

--
Trish
http://community.webshots.com/user/trishirvine

Old October 28th 03, 03:54 PM
Cher

Ooh, my mind is still in the gutter...LOL....had to see what this one was
about...LOL.

Cheers...cher
"SlinkyToy" wrote in message
Hats, that is! Get your minds out of the gutter! *g*

I found some LionBrand Bulky Woolease in the clearance bin at
HobbyLobby last week and couldn't pass on it - it *does* have some
wool in it, after all. For the past several days I've been knitting
fast and loose - I dug out my #17 circs, which are a bear when I put
'em on the 16" cable, and I've been making charity hats.

We've had our first "cold snap" with temps in the 40s, and my son has
expressed some concern that the guys standing on street corners with
their "Out of Work, Kids to Feed" signs, which he can't yet read, by
the way, will be cold as none of them he's seen have had caps on.

So I'll be handing a cap to every homeless person I see with a note
signed by my son.

At least until the yarn runs out.

---

Old October 28th 03, 04:03 PM
NoraBalcer

SlinkyToy,

Give that son of yours a big hug from me. He deseves one for thinking of other
people being cold and wants to help. You never know he my inspire someone
someday to find work instead of being on the corner.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 28th 03, 07:25 PM
Cher

Isn't it surprising what we learn from our children, thankyou to Him
Slinky...give him a hug from England..Cher