HOW-TO site for new and not-so new knitters

Old October 27th 03, 06:36 PM
Aud

Default HOW-TO site for new and not-so new knitters

Doing a bit decluttering in my "FAVORITES",
I found this link, very useful for many knitters.
I may have got it from somebody here,
but a little reminder may be helpful for someone?
http://flor.trix.net/tips.htm
AUD ;-))

Old October 27th 03, 11:03 PM
Bryan

Thanks for the link. I just tried self teaching Fri night at work, and after
2 hours of tring to cast on I about gave up. Then a light bulb went off, use
your crochet hook to pull through, and viola! I was able to cast on.... now
to knit & purl stitch... also no so easy when I 'm used to having a hood,
not a slippry needle. I also found the site (going off memory)
stitchguide.com with videos, and seeing is beliving! I might be able to do
better now. Hold yarn in right hand not left. kinda scrap right needle along
left needle to bring loops through :-)

Lil' sis might still get her shawl after all!

Bryan
http://www.streetfairamerica.com/wylandworks

Old October 28th 03, 02:45 PM
Ophelia

"Aud" wrote in message

(Well, if you are going with us on "The Broom Exedition" to Mirjam,
I'll show you how we do it in Norway!
Good luck with the shawl!
I'm sure you'll make it!
AUD ;-))

Please may I come too My broomstick is quite small but if I can get my
pointy hat serviced I ought to be able to make it

Ophelia

Old October 28th 03, 02:46 PM
Aud

Well, I am always afraid of giving my advices,
I have always knitted the continental way (as far as I can understand).
The yarn comes from the my right hand side of the knitting,
then I pass it over my left forfinger, under the next, and over the "ring
finger",
and under the "little finger" at last.

When purlingI do some sort of "gymnastic performance"
with my right needle, still the yarn over left hand!
That is how I learned it, a bit bothersome in the start.
But "the correct way" is to let the yarn (still over left hand)
lie in front of the left needle, and do as you say,
"....kinda scrap right needle along
left needle to bring loops through :-)"

I bet you did not understand a single bit of this,
therefore I gave you the link! LOL!!
(Well, if you are going with us on "The Broom Exedition" to Mirjam,
I'll show you how we do it in Norway!
Good luck with the shawl!
I'm sure you'll make it!
AUD ;-))