A quick gift Idea

Old March 3rd 10, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default A quick gift Idea

Here is a quick gift idea that I whacked out today from start to
finish. I had the fabric that I was using for my series of Veterans
Quilts, that I am doing, and I power pieced the 9 patch squares and
used Harriet Hargrave 100% Wool batting cut offs that I had been
saving from some of my already completed quilts. This is a quick and
easy Scarf to put together if you need a gift for somebody who lives
in the colder parts of the country. I arranged the pattern so that the
stars in middle of each block faced upward and met in the middle at
the back of the neck. Can't have those stars falling downward on one
side now, can we? I had previously made myself a scarf with the same
batting, and I wear it all the time now instead of a Tartan Wool one I
picked up when I was in Scotland a number of years ago. This is more
comfortable, as the cotton keeps it from scratching and the wool
batting gives it a high warmth factor, and you can throw it in the
washer and clean it off now and then with no problems.
Here you go: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
John

Old March 3rd 10, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Mar 3, 3:50*pm, John wrote:
[...]
Here you go: *http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...l0EQ?feat=dire...
John

John that is so clever....I never in a hundred years would have
thought of doing that! Very handsome indeed. You are one talented
quilter! Donna
Old March 3rd 10, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Mar 3, 5:48*pm, dealer83 wrote:
On Mar 3, 3:50*pm, John wrote:

[...]

Thank you Donna. I really like the one I made for myself a couple of
months ago. It has become my go to scarf. When It gets dirty, just pop
it in the washer and dryer.
John
Old March 4th 10, 12:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SingerMom

On Mar 3, 4:50*pm, John wrote:
[...]

What a great idea! And this could also be a good way to use up odd
blocks, if you liked a scrappier look.

Frances
Old March 4th 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Mar 3, 7:14*pm, SingerMom wrote:
On Mar 3, 4:50*pm, John wrote:

[...]

Absolutely. I love making things that are useful and use up all of the
leftovers. There is really no limit as to style.
John
Old March 4th 10, 03:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_4_]

What a great idea and a good looking scarf!! You are so talented, John!

--
Donna in NE La.
kd maine 77 at yahoo dot com

Old March 4th 10, 12:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Mar 3, 10:27*pm, "Donna in NE La." wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Donna. I think a lot of people could use a lot of leftovers
and generate some interesting scarves.
John

Baby Gift Basket Idea - Tips to Create Unique Baby Gift Baskets brent General Crafting 0 March 19th 07 04:43 PM
Gift Idea ..HELP! Christina Doucette Quilting 5 December 5th 05 03:51 PM
What a great gift idea Jill Pochik Quilting 11 November 30th 04 03:41 PM
That gift idea Dr. Sooz Beads 10 September 4th 04 04:26 PM
Gift idea help! Cina Quilting 13 December 23rd 03 03:40 PM