OT - Backwards again, and switching too - without looking!

Old October 27th 03, 02:36 PM
Sorola Pinja

Default OT - Backwards again, and switching too - without looking!

Hi ladies! This is OT, I know...but to me this is important. I try not to
feel guilty, even I do, I admit it. There is persons I do not dare to tell
this for, but you are different matter. My teacher and me, we left from
Lepistö. Near the health center we changed the driver. I took the wheel and
off we went. Other cars made me a bit nervous, but somehow we made it
through. And somehow I was able to use the blinkblink-thing at the left side
of the wheel. My eyes were on the road...and somehow I managed to get my
upper and lower body to work in sync. It means I was able to switch from
free to 1 and from 1 to 2. I felt it. I did not need to look.
I know I sound calm, but I have to. I do not dare to scream my joy out to
the world, even I feel this was a step forward to me.
Best: Pirjo

Old October 27th 03, 02:36 PM
Ophelia

"Sorola Pinja" wrote in message
[...]

Congratulations) You will soon drive alone)

Old October 27th 03, 02:40 PM
Sorola Pinja

Thanks Ophelia! Somehow I knew you'd live along in this thing. I should have
counted on you more. *blaming herself for the lack of trust* But my driving
alone...that time is far away, I think....I do not know all the switches
yet. But at least this is a beginning.
Best: Pirjo
Ophelia kirjoitti

Old October 27th 03, 02:44 PM
Aud

Better and better! I'm so happy for you!
AUD ;-))

--

"Ophelia" skrev i melding

Old October 27th 03, 05:02 PM
Anna Vuori

Well, that going backwards is not my cup of tea despite we've done it
twice...Teacher has to assist me yet. He has to give me directions what to
do, and I try to follow them - blindly. Why blindly? Because I do not have
eyes on my back. I know this could be a LOL thing, but in this case...I mean
it. Really. It needs a lot of trust from my side, you know.
Best: Pirjo
Aud kirjoitti

Old October 27th 03, 07:58 PM
NoraBalcer

Pirjo,

The more you drive the better you will become. We all started off feeling just
like you do now. To this day I still can't park between two vehicles. You will
get better every time.

Hugs,

Auntie Nora
Old October 27th 03, 10:02 PM
Karen

Pirjo, I think you will be driving alone in no time at all. You're already
switching without looking, and I'll bet when you first began, you didn't
think you'd do that for awhile. I think just about everyone feels like this
at the beginning. To this day, I remember the first time I drove on an
interstate -- it terrified me in the beginning. As time goes on and you
spend more time behind the wheel, the more confidence you will have in
yourself. You'll do just fine!

Karen in MN

news

Old October 28th 03, 12:27 AM
JJMolvik

It is a family joke that the person that gave my DM her driving test made
her promise to ALWAYS have someone ELSE parallel park (between to cars on
the street)!

JJMolvik

Old October 28th 03, 01:59 AM
Carol in TN

When I was taking drivers education, I scraped the car into a parked car.
Thought I would never get my license. But now I have not had an accident
for 4 1/2 years (probably a record for me)
Just take it easy and you will get through.
Carol in TN

Old October 28th 03, 04:00 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Pirjo,

See, we have all had problems with our beginning driving and later still do, so
just think positive and smile.

Hugs,

Auntie Nora