Christmas Quilts (Survey)

Old December 18th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Christmas Quilts (Survey)

Well, that thread about "Getting to know
you ... Holiday Traditions" was fun, but
not on topic. Just now, however, Julia
in MN mentioned quilts in her entry to
that thread. (Thanks, J!)

Soooooo ... I decided to start a new
thread about Christmas Quilts. This is
definitely On Topic! G

From PAT in VA/USA:

1. Do you have any Christmas Quilts, lap
size and larger, in your own home?
Yes! I have a Christmas Sampler Quilt on
the sofa. It contains the blocks given
to me as a farewell gift when I left the
Tuesday Evening Quilt Group in
California. I set the blocks together
with a double sashing.

2. Do you have any Christmas WH and/or
Table Runners?
Yes and Yes! I have a Santa runner on
the kitchen island and a Snowman topper
on an antique trunk. I made both of
those. I also have a few small Santa WH.
One features a piece of Australian
fabric, sent by a RCTQ quilter. It is a
Native Santa, with a Kangaroo, and a
Koala Bear. Way Cool! I made all those
items.

3. Have you given away any Christmas
quilted projects?
Yes! I've given numerous Santa WH, and a
pretty WH I called Angel-in-law. G

Next?

Old December 18th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

1. King Size TATW that hangs on the LR wall every Christmas. Queen size
knitted afghan with embroidered Christmas themes in every other square made
for MIL years ago--given back to me when she passed on. Goes on the couch.
had curtains made for the baths in the last house--don't have 'such' in this
place as we don't have any outside windows except for skylights in each
here.

2. Just didn't get the table set done this year....maybe for next.

3. One Christmas, I made a quilted pillow for each family member and so many
more items over the years that I haven't kept track of.

Next.......

Butterfly

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Well, that thread about "Getting to know you ... Holiday Traditions" was
fun, but not on topic. Just now, however, Julia in MN mentioned quilts in
her entry to that thread. (Thanks, J!)

Soooooo ... I decided to start a new thread about Christmas Quilts. This
is definitely On Topic! G

From PAT in VA/USA:

Old December 18th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

I have 2 Christmas quilts that are WIPS....a lap quilt and a bed quilt and a
nativity panel I bought and plan to quilt or make into a attic windows
quilt. I also have a table runner. I tacked the nativity panel up on the
living room wall. Everything else is packed away for the move in 2007.

--
Mary
:
: Soooooo ... I decided to start a new
: thread about Christmas Quilts. This is
: definitely On Topic! G
:
: From PAT in VA/USA:
:

Old December 18th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:43:55 -0500, Pat in Virginia
wrote:

1. Do you have any Christmas Quilts, lap
size and larger, in your own home?

YES. I made "Christmas Traditions," a Quilt-in-a-Day pattern by Wendy
Gilbert. It covers my bed every December.

2. Do you have any Christmas WH and/or
Table Runners?

YES. My kitchen table has a snowflake table topper on it,
paper-pieced from one of Carol Doak's snowflake patterns. My living
room coffee table has a runner, also paper-pieced from another of her
snowflake patterns.

3. Have you given away any Christmas
quilted projects?

YES. I've made four table runners with blocks from "Christmas
Traditions" and gave them as gifts two years ago. This year I made
several Christmas pillows from paper-pieced blocks.

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle
Old December 18th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Idahoqltr

I think this is a great idea! I just took pictures of the ones I have
hanging and put them here for you to see:
http://community.webshots.com/album/556476690OyQOFI

Old December 18th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte Hippen

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message

1. Do you have any Christmas Quilts, lap size and larger, in your own
home?

Yes. I have one that is roughly a double (between queen and twin incase you
don't have that size where your from) my mother made DH and I for our first
Christmas. It matches the tree skirt and our stockings she also made us
that year. We now also have a matching stocking for each DS too.

2. Do you have any Christmas WH and/or Table Runners?

No, althogh the quilt by my mother does have a sleeve on it incase I wanted
to hang it. I would like to make a few, especially an advent calendar wall
hanging for the DSs, but haven't gotten anywhere close to starting yet.

3. Have you given away any Christmas quilted projects?

No. This year I will be giving DMIL (and hopefully her DS and her DM) a
quilt for Christmas, but they are not 'Christmas quilts'.

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

Old December 18th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne in CA

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Well, that thread about "Getting to know you ... Holiday Traditions" was
fun, but not on topic. Just now, however, Julia in MN mentioned quilts
in her entry to that thread. (Thanks, J!)

Soooooo ... I decided to start a new thread about Christmas Quilts. This
is definitely On Topic! G

From PAT in VA/USA:

1. Do you have any Christmas Quilts, lap size and larger, in your own home?

I have a red, green and white Triple Irish Chain queen size quilt that
started out to just be a Triple Irish Chain but is now the quilt that
comes to live on the couch during the holidays.

2. Do you have any Christmas WH and/or Table Runners?

I made an adaptation of a Thimbleberries alpine star wall hanging that
was demo'd on SQ one year. My best free motion quilting *ever*, probably
because of the size :-)
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...30878969GxXali

3. Have you given away any Christmas quilted projects?

One year I made small (18" or so) wall hangings for some family and
friends using the whirling octagons pattern and leafy green prints to
look like wreaths. That was the first year I had my Baby Lock and could
machine embroider -- "Such and Such Family, established 19XX"
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...30878969OUAQzC
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...30878969naBbRG

Next?

Anne in CA
anne dot rudolph AT sbcglobal DOT net
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, fact, or tact are transmission errors.
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://www.frappr.com/rctq
http://annerudolph.home.comcast.net/anne.htm
Old December 18th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

1. Do you have any Christmas Quilts, lap
size and larger, in your own home?

A twin size one that goes on my sons bed in December. It's made from
fabric received through a RCTQ Christmas Swap back in '96 or so :-)

One of these days I'll turn that old 12 Days of Christmas panel into a
quilt for our bed.

2. Do you have any Christmas WH and/or
Table Runners?

Two...well three. A large one that goes on the main entry wall, a
little one that goes in the nook above the stairs and the third one was
just made for the guild holiday challenge. That one is hanging at the
local library. Dunno where I'll hang it in the house next year.

3. Have you given away any Christmas
quilted projects?

Years ago I got these cute "Little Quilts" pre-printed panels with
angels and such on them. I made one for each of my sisters. They're
quite cute little wallhangings.

marcella
Old December 18th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carissa

I made a Christmas Quilt for my mom And I have a Table Runner. I made a
Tree Skirt (does that count?) And I have multiple pieces of fabric for my
not yet started Christmas Quilt that will one day be lol My mom uses her
Christmas quilt all year, despite the Reindeers lol

Carissa

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/Elywyn
Butterflies are not insects, they are
"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Well, that thread about "Getting to know you ... Holiday Traditions" was
fun, but not on topic. Just now, however, Julia in MN mentioned quilts in
her entry to that thread. (Thanks, J!)

Soooooo ... I decided to start a new thread about Christmas Quilts. This
is definitely On Topic! G

From PAT in VA/USA:

Old December 18th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise

1. Do you have any Christmas Quilts, lap size and larger, in your own
home?

I have a WIP (top is done, but it isn't quilted) that was made from blocks I
received in Teri's You Pick It swap. I might have a picture of it around
here somewhere, and I'll try to post it.

2. Do you have any Christmas WH and/or Table Runners?

Yep - one WH (that for some reason is sitting in my closet waiting to be
hung). It's the NOEL WH that's in my Webshots album.

3. Have you given away any Christmas quilted projects?

One year I made pillows for my coworkers - I think there were 8 that year -
and one year I made a couple of Christmas WHs. My mother is hinting that
she'd like a Christmas quilt, but so far she hasn't been given one!

Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com