OT Sewing for the troops

Old February 22nd 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default OT Sewing for the troops

My cousin just sent me this link:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/

She is involved in the Sew Much Comfort charity
organization. I know lots of folks here sew
quilts for the troops and thought there might
be some interest in the adaptive clothing that
wounded soldiers need.

The main link for the charity is:
http://www.sewmuchcomfort.org/index.asp

Taria

Old February 22nd 07, 07:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

What a wonderful project.

Too bad it's so necessary.

Our guild is sending quilts to San Antonio,
Brooke Army Med. Center at Ft. Sam Houston.

Side note:
Now if that FX noise station would get their facts straight..
oh, wait, look who it is! What was I thinking?!?
The number of wounded soldiers from the Iraq "conflict"
is more than twice that sited.
On the Sewmuchcomfort site there's a picture of
the little idiot and the headline that the project
has his recognition.
Would that the soldiers had the same.

Back to quilting...

Ragmop/Sandy

Old February 23rd 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Seems it might be the perfect project for those
that don't support the war but do support the
troops? (I don't honestly understand that but
hear it a lot on the news)

I didn't mean to start a political opinions thread,
just another avenue in addition to the quilts of
valor quilts so many here do.

Taria, tired 'cause the bug that is going around got me

Sandy Ellison wrote:
Howdy!

What a wonderful project.

Ragmop/Sandy