quilty authors....

Old July 26th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

Default quilty authors....

I've read all the Jennifer Chiaverini books... and I recall you all talking about several other
"quilty" authors....

Can you refresh my memory?

Kate in MI (suffering from the over 40 syndrome... CRS!)

CRS??? don't know what it means?

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
Can't
..
..
..
..
..
..
Remember
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..S#*t

Old July 26th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Georg

Kate G. wrote:
I've read all the Jennifer Chiaverini books... and I recall you all talking about several other
"quilty" authors....

Can you refresh my memory?

Earnest Fowler does mysteries related to quilts. Monica Ferris does
needlework books. There's probably more.

-georg
Old July 26th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
elspeth

Sandra Dallas -- The "Persian Pickle Club" and "Alice's Tulips " for sure
http://www.webrary.org/RS/flbklists/quilting.html for additional ideas

Elizabeth in Spring, Texas

Old July 26th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

did you read/like Saddlemaker's Wife? I enjoyed all the bennie harper
books but haven't read this new one.
Taria

Old July 26th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Idahoqltr

I am currently reading the third in Emilie Richards quilt trilogy. Our
group also loves the Amish ones from Wanda Brunstetter and Beverly
Lewis and Karen Harper.

Old July 26th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NancyB

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:38:33 -0400, "Kate G."
wrote:

..I recall you all talking about several other
"quilty" authors....

Can you refresh my memory?

Hi Kate - I found this novel this morning while Googling for
something else:

http://www.umanitoba.ca/outreach/cm/...yinggeese.html

I'm not sure if that piques your interest or not.

http://www.emilierichards.com/
3 quilt-themed books here

http://lasotell.com.au/bk-shop/bks-quilt-novels.html
9 quilt-themed books here

Hope this helps.

NancyB
Old July 26th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

I have read it. I loved it. And when I was finished, I had to think
again about why she gave it that title. I do miss Bennie and Gabe
however. When will they return? Spring 2007?

Kay Ahr in NV

- - - - -

Old July 27th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Trixie

Not yet. I get most of my books through the library, and it isn't available
yet. But I do have it on reserve!

Trixie

Old July 28th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

I have read most of the books mentioned here by others and still think
"Persian Pickle Club" is by far the best. The author caught the group
feel of quilters. The ending was a pure surprise but I understood it
perfectly. We quilters stick together. I would love to see Persian
Pickle Club turned into a movie but the movie makers would probably
mess it up the way they did "How to Make an American Quilt".

Susan