What are you working on?

Old September 21st 05, 11:35 AM
Patti

Can you instead raise your chair? Put in on a little platform? Even a
few planks of wood on bricks would do?
..
In message , Teacher Gal
writes
Thanks. She adores the thing, but I've been looking at it for over a year,
and every time I go to work on it, I get serious back and neck pain from
wrasslin' it through the machine. Yes, I know my machine is REALLY high for
the whole ergonomics thing, but I can't lower it until I get enough money to
do so. I can't bear to hack off the legs of the old Singer cabinet it's
resting on.

Thanks, though, for commenting.

Anastasia

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 21st 05, 11:36 AM
Patti

Oh, Diana, you've started that dahlia. I can't wait to see it.
Hurry up please g
..
In message , Diana Curtis
writes
Send up smoke signals if you need help!
Diana, currently working on a dahlia quilt and a nine patch and
snowballs in blues and orange for a boy who lost everything to Katrina.

Betty in Wi wrote:
Betty (buried in fabric in WI)

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 21st 05, 11:42 AM
frood

That one was really easy, and I used the design based on one someone who
used to post here used - SunnyQuilts- she used to live near me, and showed
me a floral one she had done. It worked out great, as I could cut the 10"
swap squares into 4 pieces for the larger rectangle. I'm not sure they were
6", tho. I could get it out and measure them for you. It's about that time!

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

"maryd" wrote in message
I like both but I really like the streak of lightening.

--
Mary

Old September 21st 05, 11:43 AM
frood

Ooo! Your mom's quilt is lovely!

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

"Teacher Gal" wrote in message
Psh. stupid me. Forgot the link.

http://community.webshots.com/user/tasialue

I'm such a ditz.

: I've got a webshots page started. Only have the image I want to use as
the
: applique quilt and two pics of my mother's tulip quilt on there, but
hey,
: it's a start!
:
: Anastasia
:
:

Old September 21st 05, 11:43 AM
Patti

*When* I finish 'putting the garden to bed' (weeding, lawn mowing, dead
heading, ... - you know!) and, eventually, clean the house, I will be
able to start on the first of my winter miniatures (they're only
'winter' because that's when I usually make two or three). I have the
fabric chosen and the pieces drawn, so the sewing is 'all' that's left
to do!! Then I have the joy of making my first baby quilt. The design
is in my mind, so it's safe! I'm going to base it on Carol Doak's
alphabet + four other blocks of unknown form as yet. I want to do each
letter in a different colour/fabric. It will be such a departure for
me. And, I'm really looking forward to it.
..
In message , frood
writes
I am currently between projects. Ok, not exactly "between" as in, "finished
that one, what's next" but, at a point where I can safely start a new
project and still get the others done and keep some semblance of sanity. (no
laughing from the peanut gallery, please)

I haven't yet decided what's next, tho. I joined my guild's President's
Challenge - she had us write down (in pen and everything) a quilt that we
had always wanted to make, that we would actually work towards completing in
this next guild year (Sep. to June). I wrote down that I am going to make a
quilt for *my* bed, using a Cobblestones block and batik fabrics.

Or, I could work on one of the Christmas fabrics quilts I have planned (and
partially cut) - log cabins, and cobblestones.

Or, there was a super simple, graphically striking quilt hanging in a quilt
shop that I thought would look stunning in African fabrics.

Or, the quilt featured on my calendar last month was really cool. I may try
to make a variation of that one, in either a seafaring theme, or a Christmas
one. I bet that piques your interest - what quilt could possibly be done in
either pirates or Christmas, you ask? Bwahahaaha! You will have to wait and
see!

So, what are you working on/thinking of working on/dreaming about?

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 21st 05, 11:59 AM
Louise

I like your Mom's quilt. I'm sure she loves it (Moms are like that, you
know).

That's quite a project you may be taking on for your applique project. Be
sure to keep us informed of your progress - it looks like it will be a
beautiful piece of art when you're done.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old September 21st 05, 12:39 PM
Bonnie NJ

I just finished my first YBR top, I decided to use flannel for a warm and
cuddly quilt for the guest room. I also finished a Italian tile quilt top
in batiks. I must start quilting soon.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old September 21st 05, 01:22 PM
the black rose

Current project is a red and gold mystery quilt for one of my sons. 117
5" blocks, yoy! The rows are done, gotta sew them together, and then it
just needs the borders.

Still collecting fabric for the Really Green Quilt for my godson.
Still collecting fabric for the black and white quilt.
Toying with the idea of gathering fabric for Jinny Beyer's Mayfloers (I
bought the pattern earlier this year).

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old September 21st 05, 02:06 PM
Roberta

Hmm - well, I am working on a quilt for my neice. She came up to visit
and we picked out the fabric together (I have to say she did an awesome
job...it's a beautiful color combination, thank goodness) The pattern
itself isn't difficult (it's just a sawtooth star - I think) but the
centers are "stack and whack" that is proving tough as the fabric she
picked is a bit blurred patternwise so it is hard to get an exact repeat.

The other thing I am working on is the guild mystery...I am excited
about it. We are only on the second step (which I haven't done yet!)
It's due the second Tuesday of the month - so I should be ok

I have a BOM that I am working on...I may get caught up on that but
probably not until after they stop sending me new blocks lol. I get 2 a
month - one pieced and one applique. It is proving to be a real
challenge ever month. I am not sure that I will ever do one of these
again because there really isn't any "fudge room" fabricwise. If you
mess up you are sorta stuck.

That, believe it or not is all the WIP I have at the moment.

I do have the fabric to make a quilt for my FIL - but haven't cut
anything yet - that one may wait.

I also have a stack of purple and aqua batiks I would like to make into
a quilt but a pattern hasn't struck me yet.

There is also the blue jean quilt I would like to make - my goal is to
have that done by spring for picnics and stuff. At the rate I am
loosing weight from working out - I will have all of my jeans to use for
that lol

Guess that's it - I have soo many I would like to make....but then, who
doesn't

Roberta (in VA)
Old September 21st 05, 02:13 PM
C & S

Wow, those are really nice. Thank you for sharing.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Fine style does not make something true, nor has a man a wise soul
because he has a handsome face and well-chosen eloquence.

Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)