early works

Old August 14th 05, 07:09 PM
crna_ofca

Default early works

okay, i am watching work from barbara, sarajane, leigh, etc.... and i
feel like quitting polymer clay cause ill never be able to make
something like that. can you girls post/upload some of your early works
that are not so perfect, just to encourage us mortals? i am really
courious to see that thanks

--
..~*I'm an angel, honest! These horns are just to keep my halo up.*~.
Old August 14th 05, 07:17 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I (almost) hate to admit it, but those are mostly my early works. I have
a few beads from my first polyclay class that I took last year, and I'll
try and find time to take pics and post them. The beads are rather basic
and definitely first-timer, IMHO.

Don't get discouraged! Everyone's talents in pc lay in different areas.
My advice to you is to practice, practice, practice. Just create
projects from books and magazines and eventually you'll develope your
own style and the foundation in basic skills will serve you well!

----------
Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay & Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Nurturing doesn't end at birth: breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear.

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com. Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!
Old August 14th 05, 11:10 PM
crna_ofca

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:
I (almost) hate to admit it, but those are mostly my early works. I have
a few beads from my first polyclay class that I took last year, and I'll
try and find time to take pics and post them. The beads are rather basic
and definitely first-timer, IMHO.

Don't get discouraged! Everyone's talents in pc lay in different areas.
My advice to you is to practice, practice, practice. Just create
projects from books and magazines and eventually you'll develope your
own style and the foundation in basic skills will serve you well!

im kinda too messy person for clay, i think. all work i find around is
just perfect, and my beads are always slightly different size, shape,
when i cut canes, i never get perfect circles... uh

you started just last year? then there is no hope for me, i started 3
years ago:/

--
..~*I'm an angel, honest! These horns are just to keep my halo up.*~.
Old August 15th 05, 01:53 AM
Sarajane Helm

it takes time and patience...most of my early things I dont have, or have
pictures other than slides. However, my very FIRST pieces are the Sleeping
Beauty dolls shown on my doll pages. The Lord Chamberlaine, who was 2nd and
the Lady in Waiting--both in purple and cream---were the first things I did
with pc, just the hands and heads. They are very crude in comparison to the
costuming...but I kept practicing. My first beads were really ugly, just red
and trans and fleshy blobs with holes. Not lovely!

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

Old August 15th 05, 03:00 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Well, unless I use a bead roller, by beads are wonky, too. And I still
can't properly reduce a cane - it's all about practice, practice, practice!

Don't give up - maybe another form of polyclay art will come along and
be 'your' thing. As I mentioned, try online tutorials, etc. just to get
basic skills down pat, the rest will come.

----------

Old August 15th 05, 10:57 AM
crna_ofca

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:
Well, unless I use a bead roller, by beads are wonky, too. And I still
can't properly reduce a cane - it's all about practice, practice, practice!

well, i got a pasta machine today.. and for the first time in my life,
cane looks like cylinder /me proud)

Don't give up - maybe another form of polyclay art will come along and
be 'your' thing. As I mentioned, try online tutorials, etc. just to get
basic skills down pat, the rest will come.

heh, wish me luck i mean, i just adore pc and playing with it, hope it
will look nice once

--
..~*I'm an angel, honest! These horns are just to keep my halo up.*~.

what works up faster? Pam Beads 11 January 9th 04 11:24 PM
Finally this works again Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 0 September 13th 03 03:45 PM
My most recent beaded works Marissa Undercofler Beads 1 July 15th 03 01:37 AM