KOIGU's on SALE at Kaleidoscope Yarns!!

Old April 9th 07, 08:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Default KOIGU's on SALE at Kaleidoscope Yarns!!

JUST got the newsletter, HAD to share!
Koigu is on sale at Kaleidoscope Yarns:
www.kyarns.com
You're Welcome!!
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com

Old April 9th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On 9 Apr 2007 21:11:17 +0200, "YarnWright"
wrote:

JUST got the newsletter, HAD to share!
Koigu is on sale at Kaleidoscope Yarns:

Some of us remember when Koigu's regular price per (small) hank was
only $7. $10.20 doesn't seem like much of a sale when viewed from
that perspective...
Old April 9th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

WoolyGooly spun a FINE 'yarn':

wrote:

JUST got the newsletter, HAD to share!
Koigu is on sale at Kaleidoscope Yarns:

Some of us remember when Koigu's regular price per (small) hank was
only $7. $10.20 doesn't seem like much of a sale when viewed from
that perspective...
---

end quoted

Oh, I KNOW, I long for those days. !0.20 compated EVEN to the LAST sale price
I stocked up on, which was 8.20 is high.... but still better than 12.00, and
better than... 22.00 for Cherry Tree Hill.....

Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://optional-knitting.com
http://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000731-1, 04/08/2007
Tested: 4/9/2007 2:46:31 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old April 9th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On 9 Apr 2007 21:46:28 +0200, "YarnWright"
wrote:

Oh, I KNOW, I long for those days. !0.20 compated EVEN to the LAST sale price
I stocked up on, which was 8.20 is high.... but still better than 12.00, and
better than... 22.00 for Cherry Tree Hill.....

Koigu NOT on sale is almost 7 cents per yard.
Koigu on sale is almost 6 cents per yard.
CTH not on sale is almost 6 cents per yard.

Seems to me that the CTH is the more frugal choice regardless of
Koigu's going price. If you're going to buy snooty yarn anyhow you
may as well buy a BIG hank and not worry about dyelots for your damned
socks (and probably have enough left over to make yourself a beanie
too!) In my case despite my preference for short socks I
invariably need three hanks of Koigu and THAT is certainly more costly
than one big hank of CTH.

TWO hanks of CTH supersock is more than enough yarn to make a
Charlotte's Web with a matching beanie and you spend less than if you
bought the 5 or 6 wee hanks of Koigu the pattern would like you to
use.

Mind, I have nothing against Koigu on the merits of the yarn, I object
to the small hanks and inflated prices.
Old April 10th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

WoolyGooly spun a FINE 'yarn':

wrote:

[...]

hmmmm, the cth I've purchased was expensive and the hanks were NOT big, about
190 yards..... I've SEEN some bigger hanks, but they were 40+ bux.
I like my sox short, too!
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://optional-knitting.com
http://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000731-1, 04/08/2007
Tested: 4/9/2007 9:44:43 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old April 10th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On 10 Apr 2007 04:44:40 +0200, "YarnWright"
wrote:

hmmmm, the cth I've purchased was expensive and the hanks were NOT big, about
190 yards..... I've SEEN some bigger hanks, but they were 40+ bux.
I like my sox short, too!
Noreen

Standard put-up for CTH supersock is 370yd. If you paid more per yard
or got less per hank you need to find a different stockist...
Old April 10th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

WoolyGooly spun a FINE 'yarn':

wrote:

hmmmm, the cth I've purchased was expensive and the hanks were NOT big,
about 190 yards..... I've SEEN some bigger hanks, but they were 40+ bux.
I like my sox short, too!
Noreen

Standard put-up for CTH supersock is 370yd. If you paid more per yard
or got less per hank you need to find a different stockist...
---

end quoted

I guess SO! I can't remember exactly where I got the small hanks, but I THINK
it was sockyarns.com or something close to that....
I have ONE pair made from it, but if I find YOUR DESCRIBED cth, I'd make me
more!
Noreen
up to 36 pairs now, how many have YOU??

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://optional-knitting.com
http://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000731-1, 04/08/2007
Tested: 4/9/2007 10:15:14 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old April 10th 07, 06:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

YarnWright wrote:
JUST got the newsletter, HAD to share!
Koigu is on sale at Kaleidoscope Yarns:
www.kyarns.com
You're Welcome!!
Noreen

Are you trying to get Gail mad at me Noreen.

Hugs
Dennis
Old April 10th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On 10 Apr 2007 05:15:11 +0200, "YarnWright"
wrote:

I guess SO! I can't remember exactly where I got the small hanks, but I THINK
it was sockyarns.com or something close to that....
I have ONE pair made from it, but if I find YOUR DESCRIBED cth, I'd make me
more!
Noreen
up to 36 pairs now, how many have YOU??

CTH website says the stuff is put up in 420yd hanks, everyplace I find
it for sale says 370yd. My ballbands merely list the weight, so who
knows. I am able to make socks and a decently-sized cap from one
hank...

http://www.yarnmarket.com/yarn/Cherr..._Yarn-669.html

Colors shown are certainly not all the colors available, plus they
retired colors and offer new ones pretty regularly.
Old April 10th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

wrote:

up to 36 pairs now, how many have YOU??

I stopped counting (and knitting them so obsessively) at 40. They
aren't all handknit - some are cranked on the old CSM, but that's
maybe half dozen pairs. I do have a pair on needles but they don't
get much love as they're the "stoplight knitting" that I keep in the
truck.

Honestly - how many pairs of socks does a girl need when she's got
"summer" for 9 months of the year and only two feet?

BTW the next yarn gallery in SpinOff is going to be sock yarn. I
think I can sacrifice some of my fingering-weight 3-ply for this
one...