INFLAMMATORY Breast Cancer

Old November 14th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

Default Inflammatory Breast Cancer

lucretia borgia wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:48:44 -0500, flitterbit

We have consumer apathy along with voter apathy. Wendy Mesley did an
investigative programme on breast cancer that was excellent. She was
the person interviewing the P & G chief, if you have a chance to see
her programme in repeat, I urge you to do so. It was very well done
and shocking in its way. She was only young and from a family with
no history of breast cancer prior to hers.

I'm not apologizing for my point of view so much as for not spending
enough time re-reading what you wrote

Meh! We'll all be here tomorrow ~ see, very rare smiley !

Oh my God... a smiley from Sheena...fainting away!!

Gill
Old November 14th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Gill Murray wrote:

Meh! We'll all be here tomorrow ~ see, very rare smiley !

Oh my God... a smiley from Sheena...fainting away!!

Gill

No, no, Gill! Here, take my smelling salts.

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 10/21/07 - Floral Elegance Collection "Crocus"

WIP: The Teacher, Bethany Angel,
Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html

Old November 14th 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
flitterbit

lucretia borgia wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:48:44 -0500, flitterbit
opined:
Not at all, I think it's entirely likely that various environmental
toxins -- ingredients in consumer goods, etc. -- could be contributing
to not only the apparent increase in disease occurrence, but also behind
the apparent decrease in age of first occurrence; for instance, aren't
girls generally reaching puberty earlier, and aren't estrogen analogues
being blamed, at least in some cases? However, I don't have any solid
information on any of that, so chose not to elaborate at the time.

It appears to be so. There was the terrible case of farmers in Puerto
Rica giving massive doses of hormones to chickens because the more
they gave the faster the chickens reached market size. In the
meantime paediatricians were frantically trying to determine why
little girls of 7/8/9 were developing breasts and menstruating.

We as a species do so many things without thought for the potential
consequences; unfortunately it seems our kids and grandkids are the ones
who suffer the results of our experimentation, and I shudder to think
what's coming in the next years as a result of the way we've been
producing and processing food over the past few decades. I realize
'twas ever thus, but it would be nice to think we're capable of learning
from mistakes rather than doomed to keep repeating variations of them
over and over and over ...

I also think it's entirely possible that North American consumers aren't
as inclined to take manufacturers to task as are European consumers;
there doesn't appear to be the level of activism on this continent that
there is in Europe.

We have consumer apathy along with voter apathy. Wendy Mesley did an
investigative programme on breast cancer that was excellent. She was
the person interviewing the P & G chief, if you have a chance to see
her programme in repeat, I urge you to do so. It was very well done
and shocking in its way. She was only young and from a family with
no history of breast cancer prior to hers.

I'll keep an eye out for it; I've always admired her.

Tonight on Marketplace she goes after the maker of the Q-Ray bracelet.
The company owner was charged in the U.S. with misleading advertising
and making false claims, ordered to repay more than $83 million dollars
to consumers, and forbidden by the courts from making any claims of pain
relief for the product; the son of the company owner is now hawking the
stuff here in Canada, and continuing to make the false claims for which
his father was charged and convicted in the U.S.

I'm not apologizing for my point of view so much as for not spending
enough time re-reading what you wrote

Meh! We'll all be here tomorrow ~ see, very rare smiley !

Heh

Old November 14th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
flitterbit

lucretia borgia wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:56:15 -0500, flitterbit
opined:
Tonight on Marketplace she goes after the maker of the Q-Ray bracelet.
The company owner was charged in the U.S. with misleading advertising
and making false claims, ordered to repay more than $83 million dollars
to consumers, and forbidden by the courts from making any claims of pain
relief for the product; the son of the company owner is now hawking the
stuff here in Canada, and continuing to make the false claims for which
his father was charged and convicted in the U.S.

Putting a note to self to turn television on - I can't tell you how
many people I know who keep urging me to get one ! In fact, I think I
will tape it !

Yeah!
Old November 15th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

lucretia borgia wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:48:45 -0500, flitterbit
opined:

Putting a note to self to turn television on - I can't tell you how
many people I know who keep urging me to get one ! In fact, I think I
will tape it !

Yeah!

I remembered and am going to have a lot of fun with that DVD amongst
my friends, but I suspect they will be like the golfers and not to see
that at best it is a placebo lol I know one of them spent over $200
on her bracelet because she felt if she had to wear it all the time,
might as well have a really nice one - sigh.

Sheena,

I haven't heard of this bracelet!!! Has some miracle escaped me????

Gill
Old November 15th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Betty C.

Default PRAYER REQUEST Was Inflammatory Breast Cancer

Hello,
I'm just a 'lurker' here, but I just had to respond to this thread, it has
gone on and on (and on!), but not one response to the prayer request, from
Karen, for her friend!
Karen, I just want to say, my daughter is recovering from her second surgery
(for ovarian cancer), so I will be glad to also offer up a prayer for your
friend and hope she does well and comes through fine.

"Karen C in California" wrote in message
On the subject of BC, I'd like you all to pray for my friend Sher. She'll
be having a mastectomy a couple days after Thanksgiving.

Old November 15th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

lucretia borgia wrote:
They are the descendants of the
copper bracelet fad.

I have my own proof that copper does not help arthritis.

Copper jewelry goes well with my red hair, so I searched all over for a
copper ring. (Found it in Adventureland at Disneyland, if anyone else
wants one.) I wanted it for the color, not for the reputed medical
benefits.

Guess in which finger the arthritis is worst? Swelled the knuckle so
much I can't get the ring off. One of these days, I'll have it cut off.

Old November 15th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Betty C. wrote:
Hello,
I'm just a 'lurker' here, but I just had to respond to this thread, it has
gone on and on (and on!), but not one response to the prayer request, from
Karen, for her friend!

I'm sure there are people who are praying without announcing it. I
rarely respond publicly to prayer requests myself.

Old November 15th 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I agree, and it sure gets boring to read 200 "I'm praying for you"
replies to a mailing list or newsgroup. They are best sent privately.

Karen C in California wrote:

I'm sure there are people who are praying without announcing it. I
rarely respond publicly to prayer requests myself.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old November 15th 07, 07:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Betty C.

Sorry if I was out of line...I guess I'm used to the 123stitch message
board, where when someone sends a prayer request,
many people respond. It was my first (and last) post here....
And this thread just seemed to drag on, more argumentive than conversational
(I'm sure there will be a comment about that statement too).

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...

Breast Cancer/OT pami Quilting 150 May 4th 06 11:56 AM
Breast cancer quilt McGyver Quilting 1 April 19th 04 03:19 PM