OT----- Who has time to stitch?

Old December 16th 05, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default OT----- Who has time to stitch?

As I read over all these posts on nit picking, verbage, etc. I wonder how
all you ladies have time to do any needlework, crocheting, or knitting.
I think enough is enough. It is all so redundant!!! Get a private chat
room.
Clarice in AZ

Old December 16th 05, 04:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:30:48 -0700, "scottnh" wrote:

As I read over all these posts on nit picking, verbage, etc. I wonder how
all you ladies have time to do any needlework, crocheting, or knitting.
I think enough is enough. It is all so redundant!!! Get a private chat
room.
Clarice in AZ

I am almost finished with a beautiful filet crochet tablecloth. I
doubt it will be finished for Christmas, but it will get done. I have
time to stitch because I refrain from posting here. Maybe a post a
week or less. I mostly read and see how nothing changes, not ever.

You're right. Back to the needle.
Old December 16th 05, 05:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I approach this "chat" group in much the same way I do stitch-ins: I DON'T
go there when I'm "under the gun" with a stitching project. I DO check in
when I'm in need of some companionship and./or stimulation.

True, a lot of the stuff I hear / read isn't of interest to me, but it gets
me out of my preoccupation (with whatever) and keeps me up to date with the
world around me. I've heard about books, storms, people coping with much
bigger problems than I have, jokes, stitching projects and designers I've
never heard of, and on and on.

I'm thankful for those that use the OT headers, however - which really helps
to focus my attention when I'm short on time.

Phyllis Maurer

Old December 16th 05, 06:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Thank you Clarice !!! for pointing this out ....
By the way what are you stiching? i am in a Finishing projects period.
1 great Artwork piece on the loom [ needs many hours]. Finnished
several clothing items , sewn , knitted , crocheted. I am starting
visiting artists who will join my curtaed exhibition in March. sent
many leftover parts to other artists who use that kind of leftover,
made things for a bazzar for the Cat booth.
But all these doings, doesn`t make me accept unkind writings, and if
WE won`t oppose those posts, than soon enough , This will be the only
kind of posts you will see here , there and everywhere.

I wish you Beautiful holidays , and a great new 2006 ..year.
mirjam

Old December 16th 05, 06:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I agree with Phyllis. Sometimes you need peace and quiet to stitch.
That's in very short supply in my life at the moment. Sometimes you need
to be with friends--and a bit of silliness is needed sometimes too. (And
there have been real efforts among some people here to move on from nasty
exchanges and talk about something else with someone else, which is where
some of the silliness comes in.)

I am starting up a "stitch and bitch" at my parish for much the same
reason. We have decided that for our group, either stitching or bitching is
optional at any given meeting i.e. focus on your work if you need the two
hours without kids, spouses, parents, telemarketers and helpful cats, enjoy
a cup of coffee and something chocolate with a group that welcomes you if
that's what you need that night.

And of course, if nothing of interest is being said here--you can always
try starting a conversation about something that is.
Dawne

Old December 16th 05, 10:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:30:48 -0700, "scottnh" wrote:

As I read over all these posts on nit picking, verbage, etc. I wonder how
all you ladies have time to do any needlework, crocheting, or knitting.
I think enough is enough. It is all so redundant!!! Get a private chat
room.
Clarice in AZ

We don't need a chat room - please note the OT in the Subject Line.
Now go into your settings and have your reader ignore all threads
marked OT - there see - that was easy wasn't it ?
Old December 16th 05, 11:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

"scottnh" wrote in message
As I read over all these posts on nit picking, verbage, etc. I wonder
how all you ladies have time to do any needlework, crocheting, or
knitting.
I think enough is enough. It is all so redundant!!! Get a private chat
room.
Clarice in AZ

You must be a newcomer! ;-)) No-one`s FORCING you to read it - learn to be
selective! THIS IS A FRIENDLY SUGGESTION NOT STARTING A WAR!

Pat P

Old December 16th 05, 11:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I confess. I'm mostly a lurker here.

It never ceases to amaze me the audacity of people who expect to come to
lists and newsgroups to "be entertained" in exactly the manner they expect
to be, without ever contributing. This is especially so of newcomers.

Hello! This is an established group with established ground rules (and no,
they are not written down). If you don't like what you see, start your own
group, but don't expect to change the status quo.

Ann

--
http://sheepshots.blogspot.com

"Pat P" , replying to this:

Old December 16th 05, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Ann wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me the audacity of people who expect to come to
lists and newsgroups to "be entertained" in exactly the manner they expect
to be, without ever contributing. This is especially so of newcomers.

Amen.

As a list owner, I've gotten my share of e-mails from people complaining
that no one ever answers their questions. Y'know, the questions they
never asked, that the rest of the group was supposed to intuit they had.

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

WIP: July birthstone, Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs exclusively at www.TyWolfeDesigns.com

Editor/Proofreader http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old December 16th 05, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

In between the nit and the pick, I'm sure many of us get lots of stitching
done - just lighten up, ignore what you consider nasty posts and go visit
some of the beautiful albums which contain many many stitching adventures.
People post urls to their albums all the time - just looked at a beautiful
one from Susan in Ontario. We really don't mean to be nasty - sometimes our
tongues get the better of us (guilty!). :-))

Sharon (N.B.) (trying to take a page from Lucille's Good Elf Book)