Yardage requirements

Old February 17th 05, 02:18 AM
Jan

Default Yardage requirements

Does anyone know where I can find a web site with a chart showing how much
yardage to buy for quilt backings? TIA.

Jan

Old February 17th 05, 02:59 AM
Pat in Virginia

Jan: You don't have to go to the trouble of
hunting a web site, then working calculations!
Just buy 12 yards for each quilt. Use what the
quilt requires; send balance to me. Quick & easy!
PAT in VA/USA

Old February 17th 05, 03:39 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
Good timing. I was just doing a little figuring this afternoon,
w/ pen and paper.

Of course it depends on the size of your quilt top.

I like to have 5" or 6" wider backing that the top; I fold it over
the edges and pin it in place while quilting, protects the batting and top
edges.

Here are a few ideas:

http://www.ethnicquilts-fabrics.com/Materials.htm

http://www.hickoryhillquilts.com/fabric-calculator.htm

http://www.quiltknit.com/books/reference_chart.htm

http://www.seamsndreams.com/quilt-back.htm

http://www.stitchguide.com/stitches/...gtogether.html

Good luck!
Ragmop/Sandy
. ..

Old February 17th 05, 12:37 PM
Musicmaker

finally I understand why the fabric I buy for the backing, that's 108 inches
wide - still isn't big enough for a queen size quilt!! Thanks Sandy

--
Cindy Bettinger
Charleston, IL
" Ellison" wrote in message
. com...
Howdy!
Good timing. I was just doing a little figuring this afternoon,
w/ pen and paper.

Of course it depends on the size of your quilt top.

I like to have 5" or 6" wider backing that the top; I fold it over
the edges and pin it in place while quilting, protects the batting and top
edges.

Here are a few ideas:

http://www.ethnicquilts-fabrics.com/Materials.htm

http://www.hickoryhillquilts.com/fabric-calculator.htm

http://www.quiltknit.com/books/reference_chart.htm

http://www.seamsndreams.com/quilt-back.htm

http://www.stitchguide.com/stitches/...gtogether.html

Good luck!
Ragmop/Sandy
. ..

Old February 17th 05, 12:52 PM
Diana Curtis

That always works for me! You *have* been getting my overages, havent you,
Pat? All wrapped up nice and tidy around the chocolate?
;-)
Diana

--
- insert pithy siggy line here-

Old February 17th 05, 10:04 PM
Pati Cook

There are a couple of books out (thin, almost booklet types) that are
great for answering questions like this. One is _Taking the Math Out of
Patchwork_, the other is (something like ) _Patchwork Minus Mathwork_.
Both have all sorts of charts of how many squares/triangles/rectangles
of what size you can get from what amount of fabric. Charts of bed and
coverlet/quilt/bedspread sizes, with and without pillow tucks; how much
you need for binding of whatever width, and much more. Not terribly
expensive and well worth the price. (Cover of one of them is blue, the
other is bright colors. )

Pati, in Phx

Jan wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a web site with a chart showing how much
yardage to buy for quilt backings? TIA.

Jan

Formula for Measuring Yardage for a Border Beth Pierce Quilting 3 July 7th 04 07:00 PM
Yardage???? Carol L Yarn 10 April 20th 04 01:52 PM
Jewelry Export requirements to European Union? Ed Jewelry 0 March 8th 04 03:46 AM
recalculating yardage for a bigger quilt top Ann Quilting 6 January 8th 04 07:24 PM
Stack n Whack - Small sized quilts - Need help with yardage Elisheva Bailey Quilting 1 July 15th 03 10:22 PM