Neck shaping - pattern instuctions help

Old January 2nd 04, 09:23 PM
Denise

Default Neck shaping - pattern instuctions help

Ok... I'm working on the dog sweater and don't understand the neck
shaping instructions. Here is what it says:

Note: Both sides of the Neck are worked at the same time, using separate
yarn for *each* side. This guarantees that both sides will be the same
length. Maintain established pattern throughout.

Row 1: Work across 20 sts, slip next 24 sts onto st holder; with second
yarn, work across: 20 sts *each* side.

Ok, so I have already worked 20 sts in pattern and slipped 24 onto st
holder. Do I go ahead and use the other yarn end of my skein for my
second yarn and work it onto the needle I was using? What does 'using
separate yarn for *each* side' mean?

Thanks!
Denise

Old January 2nd 04, 09:39 PM
me

When you work both sides at once, you join a second ball of yarn -- it's
almost like working two separate pieces on the same needle, like you might
with two sleeves -- except that in this case, it's all one piece, you're
just working two separate sections of it with two yarn sources.

Or if you have the other end of your yarn skein available to you, which it
sounds like you do, you can knit it that way. The key is that you are
working two different sections with two different yarn sources, so that they
stay separate.

Hope that was clear.

Karen in MN

Old January 3rd 04, 05:28 AM
Denise

Well, I figured it out, and now I'm working on picking up stitches for a
band. I'll let you know how it went. Next are buttonholes.

Thanks for the feedback, wanted to be sure I was right.

Denise

My next project Trish Brown Sewing 11 April 27th 04 10:42 AM
Free pattern of U-shaped neck pillow [email protected] General Crafting 2 March 13th 04 06:35 AM
Therapeutic neck pillow, pattern rufus Sewing 22 November 14th 03 04:48 PM
Raglan from the neck down... Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 5 November 14th 03 12:58 PM
Neck pillow sewing pattern? aeromom Quilting 2 October 14th 03 03:42 AM