S.E.X. and 'other' things for the uninitiated.

Old November 30th 03, 04:08 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default S.E.X. and 'other' things for the uninitiated.

Thought it might be a good time to again put up our little list of
shortcut/anagrams we use he

S.E.X. = Stash Enhancement (e)Xperience
WIP = works in progress
UFO = unfinished object
FO = finished object
TIA = thanks in advance
JM2C = just my 2 cents
HTH = hope that helps OR happy to help
DH = darling (or dumb, depends on the mood) husband
DD = darling daughter
DS = darling son
Dsis = darling sister
LP = life partner
DGD = darling granddaughter
DGS = darling grandson
DB = darling brother
MIL = mother in law
FIL = father in law
SIL = sister in law
BIL = brother in law
BTW = by the way
(g) or *g* or g = grin
VEG = very evil grin

I've probably missed a bunch, but .... the reason I thought this should be
posted is that I've had people ask me offlist what some of these are.

HTH!
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old November 30th 03, 04:20 PM
SlinkyToy

SABLE -- Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy

Old November 30th 03, 05:20 PM
Sarah Carter

SlinkyToy wrote in message =
SABLE -- Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy

I wouldn't even joke about this one in our house at the moment. I =
visited my mums the other day and came home with one bag full from her =
spare room which is packed to the ceiling, and some purple yarn just =
asked me to resue it from ebay!

Sarah
--=20

Old November 30th 03, 06:21 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:20:45 -0000, Sarah Carter wrote:

SlinkyToy
wrote in message ...
SABLE -- Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy

I wouldn't even joke about this one in our house at the moment.
I visited my mums the other day and came home with one bag full
from her spare room which is packed to the ceiling, and some
purple yarn just asked me to resue it from ebay!

Sarah

I've got a lot stashed up for projects for me, but my gift and sell stash
is hopelesly depleted.
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old November 30th 03, 08:01 PM
Sarah Carter

Noreen's Knit*che wrote in message =

I've got a lot stashed up for projects for me, but my gift and sell =

stash
is hopelesly depleted. =20

Same here. The only yarn I've got left in the stash which isn't =
earmarked for me is some baby yarn which I can't decide what tto do =
with. I've got 300g of 3ply pink, and 200g 3ply blue. I usually keep a =
blue item and a pink item ready in case a friend has a baby, but I just =
can't think what to make from them.

Yesterday I was planning to make a simple crochet blanket out of each of =
them and get some white yarn to make a ruffle for round the edge. Then =
Stu said he thought it would look daft in two colours, so I didn't. Now =
I'm trying to figure out if it was a bad idea, or just different to what =
I normally do.

I'm sure I'll figure it out easier when I've got my head screwed on in =
the morning.

Sarah
--=20

Old November 30th 03, 08:51 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

In article ,
wrote..
[...]

Hmmm, I don't see where blue and white or pink and white would
look 'hokey'.... but here's an idea..... rainbow pastels instead
of white?
OR pick up some pastel green and pastel yellow, use THEM 'with'
both the pink and blue and make TWO quick baby afghans in all
four colors, THEN you're 'safe' if someone has either a boy or
girl!
I'm looking at my *me* stash, and ideas are flowing, I just don't
know exactly 'what' I'm going to do with it.....
I really need to replenish the other stash though.... maybe it's
time to shop....
Hmmmmmm......
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP *tease* to email me.
Old November 30th 03, 09:52 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Sarah,

Make an afghan using all three colors, I've done that, maybe a ripple pattern
or even a granny square where you do a few rounds of each color. That way it
will be for either a girl or boy.

Hugs,

Nora
Old November 30th 03, 09:54 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Noreen,

If you go shopping just don't drop any yarn on your foot.

Hugs,

Nora
Old December 1st 03, 02:37 AM
JJMolvik

Or anything else for that matter!!!!!

JJMolvik

Old December 1st 03, 08:37 PM
Agres

What is the difference between a WIP and an UFO? My first thought was that
a WIP is what in on your lap RIGHT NOW, with everything else on needles
being UFOs. But many people seem to have several WIPs in the house, so
obviously I got it wrong.

When does a work in mind (WIM) become a WIP? When you buy the yarn? When you
chart it? when you Cast on?

Why is "S.E.X" the only shortcut to have periods in it? Considering the
excitement involved, I think it should be "SEX!" Maybe "SEX" is for
elbowing your way to the bargin bin and "S.E.X." is when you bid on eBay and
must for the end of the auction and then wait for the postman? Then we
could reserve "SEX!" for that big buying trip.
Aaron