Customer etiquette

Old March 8th 04, 04:24 PM
Ellice

On 3/8/04 7:55 AM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

On 3/8/04 7:38 AM, in article ,
"Caryn" wrote:

Nothing comes out of Polyester!!! rofl

Remind me why polyester was invented again?
Hate the stuff!

LOL - all the ref gear is polyester. So, it's important to wear full
underneath layers - beneath the pads. It's gross - because you're sweating,
it's cold, and no one washes their pads all the time - so you don't want
them on your skin, to be covered by polyester. End up getting leggings, tees
made for hiking - the nice wicking stuff - which is of course, also
polyester. But, lately some of it comes with MicroBan which really helps
keep it from stinking. We try to tell the rookies to get some of this stuff
- it's very breezy to skate without the under stuff. Plus, it helps to keep
the outer stripey stuff from turning yellow and getting that worn in can't
get it out stink.

The big thing - it all gets washed with a hefty cup of baking soda added to
the detergent - in cold water. Seems to get the stink out. Although,
eventually I've noticed the stink just gets permanent - some of DH's older
long sleeve Dri-Fit shirts that he wears under the goalie gear come to mind.
Then, well, it's just time to wave goodbye.

ellice

Old March 9th 04, 12:52 PM
LATIN Z

The big thing - it all gets washed with a hefty cup of baking soda added to
the detergent - in cold water

Try some of the Fabreeze for laundry - kinda pricey, but it works pretty well.

Tina - who's son is a fry cook at Sonic - don't even have to hear him come in,
you get the whiff when he walks by! G
Old March 9th 04, 11:40 PM
Jelena

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 06:26:31 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 3/7/04 10:24 PM, in article ,
"Jelena" wrote:

On 03 Mar 2004 16:09:44 GMT,
wd (Caryn) wrote:

My neighbor's son works at Wendy's - I can smell his uniform (despite
washing it) when I walk!

I did Wendy's back when women wore the polyester tunic and headscarf.

Mustard does not come out of that stuff! lol

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)

I can beat that, I think. I worked at KFC back in my high school
days, and work their polyester uniforms. The smell of deep-fried
chicken NEVER leaves polyester. Believe me. Yuck.

-- Jelena

HI!
Where have you been girl!

----

Cheryl

Working, woman! I don't ever have enough time to keep up with
this place any more!

-- Jelena