TW's "Noah's Ark"

Old February 26th 04, 04:29 PM
Su/Cutworks

"jadedmuch" wrote:

My dh and I used to play this all of the time. It's been _years_. Tried
to get the teenage son interested, but without all of the flashy graphics
he wasn't interested. Great game!

And I hate flashy graphics, much preferring the challenge of text
adventures. Everyone gets to imagine their own version of a grue, then!
Did you get many Zorkmids?

I used to take my peril-sensitive sunglasses with me to exam days when I was
studying for my paralegal certificate. Years later, I would rather have the
sunglasses than the certificate.

-Su

Old February 26th 04, 04:31 PM
Pat P

Oh thanks, Sue - just had a look - now to find an emulator! The person
advertising the games is just a few miles over the river from us, so I`m
asking him about emulators for a start.

Pat P

"Su/Cutworks" wrote in message
"Pat P" wrote in message
Does anyone know where you can get a version of "Colossal Cave" for the

PC?
I used to love it when I had my old Amiga - and other games by a company
called "Level 9" (Lords of Time was one). The company is now defunct.

Here's an ebay auction with a stack of Level 9 games all in original boxes
for you!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3080428402

I know there are emulators out there which will enable playing the games

on
PC. You might take a look.

-Su

Old February 26th 04, 04:54 PM
Su/Cutworks

"Pat P" wrote in message
news9p%b.20996$ft.13618@newsfe1-win...
Oh thanks, Sue - just had a look - now to find an emulator! The person
advertising the games is just a few miles over the river from us, so I`m
asking him about emulators for a start.

Pat P

Or buy an Amstrad on eBay for under £20. They're cheap as chips as long as
you have room to put it up for a game machine?

-Su

Old February 26th 04, 05:44 PM
jadedmuch

"Su/Cutworks" wrote in
:

And I hate flashy graphics, much preferring the challenge of text
adventures. Everyone gets to imagine their own version of a grue,
then! Did you get many Zorkmids?

I used to take my peril-sensitive sunglasses with me to exam days when
I was studying for my paralegal certificate. Years later, I would
rather have the sunglasses than the certificate.

-Su

Su,

I get so nauseated with the motion if I actually try to play the PS2.

geez, zorkmids.... remember that Thief though, coming by and mysteriously
having things go 'missing'. oh, oh the Clock work egg!

Kathleen
Old February 26th 04, 05:53 PM
dmu

Hi,

I'm a lurker, but couldn't resist not replying to this ... if you like these
old style text interaction games, there's a ton more in this style that have
been written by all sorts of people ... Basically, you need to download an
emulator to play the games (I use Frotz) and then you can download
whatever games (freeware) you like. The most common game formats
are zcode and tads. You can get emulators and games from
http://www.ifarchive.org/. The structure of the site may be a little
confusing, but there's a starter package in the if-archive/starters
directory called ifstart.zip that I think has the Frotz emulator for
Windows (zcode) and a game called curses. There's also an emulator
for tads and a tads game in the starter package. Most of the games are
in the directory called if-archive/games/zcode and the directory
if-archive/games/tads. I'm sure there are emulators for the Mac as well
as emulators for other types of games.

The original Infocom games aren't there (copyright or licensing
restrictions),
but there is a legal CD called Masterpieces of Infocom which I think has
almost
all the old games. http://www.lacegem.com/ used to sell it, or you can
probably
find it on Ebay.

When I first discovered newsgroups a couple of years ago, there were two
that I read regularly - RCTN and rec.games.int-fiction which talks about
these games

-dmu

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 2/26/04 6:44 AM, in article

,
"Caryn" wrote:

Tease! I want HHGTTG, with the walkthrough. I can never prove I'm
intelligent. No news there, eh?

I never get the Babel fish and get thrown into deep space by the Vogons

every
darn time I try! lol

You can play it online he
http://www.douglasadams.com/creations/infocomjava.html

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's

UFO's)
Bless you child
Now I shall never get off the computer!
Cheryl

Old February 27th 04, 06:53 AM
Linn Skinner

I still have a full set of the hintbooks but the pens are dried up.

Linn
"Su/Cutworks" wrote in message
"Linn Skinner" wrote in message
ink.net...
But do you still have your scratch and sniff cards that came with the
original discs. How about Wishbringer....

Old February 27th 04, 07:21 AM
Su/Cutworks

Linn wrote:

I still have a full set of the hintbooks but the pens are dried up.

LOL. Sounds like life, really!

-Su

Old February 28th 04, 05:42 PM
Su/Cutworks

Deb wrote:

I have "The Lost Treasures of InfoCom".....boxed set.

I had a watch on one on eBay. It just went for around £34 which is just
under $60 at the current exchange rates. I'm really mostly wanting Zork
which I found on the Infocom site. The Douglas Adams site has HHGTTG online
and says it will be in downloadable format soon.

I shouldn't really get them anyway, too much time used up trying to outwit
the thief and I'm not good for much the next day.

-Su

Old February 28th 04, 05:42 PM
Su/Cutworks

Deb wrote:

Have to comment, just to clarify your issue. I'm sure the shirt has
been laundered a few times. It is the hot dryer. Shrinks 'em up every
time.

It's a great theory! I think the dryer also added a few pounds to my hips!

-Su

ebay: Noah's Ark Nursery in PC-Annie's Attic marilyn safier Marketplace 0 November 28th 04 03:13 PM
Noah's Sub Julie in Hondo Needlework 0 November 20th 03 07:45 PM
Noah's Sub!!! RadioStmpr Needlework 1 October 28th 03 03:33 PM