OT - humour

Old March 6th 10, 02:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher

Default OT - humour

A guy, out hunting in Alaska, accidentally shoots a polar bear.
Realising his mistake, he reports the incident to the local ranger. A
week later, he gets a letter in the mail, telling him that he is being
taken to court by the park service.; Arriving at court, he explains to
the judge what happened, and the judge comes to a decision.
"As you didn't kill this protected species intentionally, I don't intend
to send you to prison", the judge says.; "However, it is still a serious
error on your part, and I intend to deal with you by way of a fine,
based upon the body weight of the animal. For every one pound of body
weight, you will be fined $10".
Consulting his records, the judge finds the weight of the bear, as
recorded by the park services, and calls for a calculator.; After a
minute of two, he calls the hunter to the bench, and gives his judgment;
a fine of $9,000. The representative of the park services jumps to his
feet, and approaches the judge.
"Your Honor", he says, "With the greatest respect, I believe you've made
a mistake in your calculations. We weighed the animal shortly after it
was shot, and it weighed a total of 1000 pounds. Surely, based on that
measurement, the fine should be $10,000".
The judge looks at the ranger, and says, "I made a calculation, taking
into consideration, the animals' weight, minus its two front paws".
Looking rather confused, the ranger asks, "but why did you not include
the front paws in your calculation?"
"Because", the judge replies, "Every American has the right to bear arms!"
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old March 6th 10, 04:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Bruce Fletcher" wrote in message
news
[...]

GGRRROOOOAAAAANNNNNN ! Funny and new !!

Old March 7th 10, 07:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Edna

[...]

I was desperate so I forwarded it

Edna in Sydney

OT - British humour Bruce Needlework 13 April 27th 07 02:11 PM
OT Humour - Soccer Cats Quilting 3 June 28th 06 08:40 AM
OT humour Cheryl in Oz Quilting 2 February 21st 06 10:30 PM
OT Humour melinda Quilting 0 September 13th 05 01:56 AM
Ot Me Humour Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 1 June 24th 05 01:16 PM