OT - volunteering

Old January 1st 09, 02:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default OT - volunteering

On 12/31/08 2:25 PM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 12/31/08 8:17 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 12/31/08 7:32 AM, in article
, "anne"
wrote:

says...

Sounds as though you need one of those Nanaimo bars!

A day without chocolate is worse than a day without sunshine.

You may quote me ;-)

Damn - and I'm out of chocolate unless DD and I make brownies later.

Thinking the same thing - that or chocolate toffee bars. Made the MIL's
recipe for walnut torte earlier. Wow - was that one stiff batter to fold
egg whites into. Classic nut torte - no shortening - egg yolks beaten w/
ground nuts, minimal flour, baking soda, vanilla - then beaten egg whites
folded in. DH kept saying that he was sure she did it in a 9X13 pan, but I
did a 7" X 11" - and that seemed about right.

I did replenish the baking chocolate yesterday (Ghirardelli bars on sale).
So, some chocolate will be made.

It's snowing here and then it's going to get COLD!!!!

We had some mini-flurrie's earlier. It's probably cold out - with the wind.
I have to go to the bank in a while. We've decided not to go out to our
friends in MD tonight - as DH is worried I'll have another migraine, and
we'll be 50 mi away. So, I just put dry rub on ribs we bought, and ww'll
have our own ridiculous, splurgy, unbalanced New Years eve.

Ellice

We got about 7 more inches of snow. Which is fine since the warm spell took
us down to grass. DD went sledding for several hours. Good thing, since
today's wind chill will make out door time today unlikely.

On the other hand, I think I'll see if there is public skate today for her.

Cheryl

Old January 1st 09, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/1/09 9:49 AM, "lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 09:14:48 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

We got about 7 more inches of snow. Which is fine since the warm spell took
us down to grass. DD went sledding for several hours. Good thing, since
today's wind chill will make out door time today unlikely.

On the other hand, I think I'll see if there is public skate today for her.

Cheryl

Still blizzarding here and they say, will do so until later today. It
seemed darker today when I woke but that was just the window is
blocked from top to bottom with snow that has been blasted on to it.

We cancelled our party last night even though it was a bother between
three of us to call everybody. Glad we did, we might have arrived
okay but would have had to leave shortly after. It doesn't quite feel
like the NY has arrived, maybe after the party is held on the weekend
lol

Sorry about the weather. It's just really cold for here - well below
freezing, and a good amount of wind, still. We were slugs last night, drank
a bottle of wine, then had some cordials by the fireplace. And for
desert...my first ever sort of failed baking adventure. The walnut torte
from DH's mom's file - tasted okay, but the consistency was very soggy. I
had my suspicions about the recipe, but when I pulled it from the oven, it
passed the toothpick test! I'm going to try again, but slighlty modify the
pooportions, based on what I've read from other references - at least the
Joy of Cooking!

Anyhow - it's blustery, and have to go get dressed as we're going to brunch
at friends, to see all the crew that we didn't go out with last night.

Happy NY - regardless of weather.

Ellice