More New Photos

Old December 23rd 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

Default More New Photos

Lost the first post, so let's try again.

After checking out Ellice's photos, I realized it's been nearly a year
since I updated my own.

I remedied that. Check out Donna's stuff on RCTP.

Included a progress pic of Amethyst Dreams, which Ellice taught last
summer. I renamed mine to In the Midnight Hour, for obvious reasons if
you look at it.

It's not that I don't love purple. I do. Amethyst is my birthstone.
It's just that I have no place in my house for purple, except if I am
wearing it. So I went with black, silver, and gray. I need to finish
soon if I'm getting this into Woodlawn.

Donna in Virginia
Old December 23rd 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sharon

On Dec 23, 11:21*am, Donna wrote:
Lost the first post, so let's try again.

After checking out Ellice's photos, I realized it's been nearly a year
since I updated my own.

I remedied that. Check out Donna's stuff on RCTP.

Included a progress pic of Amethyst Dreams, which Ellice taught last
summer. I renamed mine to In the Midnight Hour, for obvious reasons if
you look at it.

It's not that I don't love purple. I do. Amethyst is my birthstone.
It's just that I have no place in my house for purple, except if I am
wearing it. So I went with black, silver, and gray. I need to finish
soon if I'm getting this into Woodlawn.

Donna in Virginia

You have a lot of beautiful work on RCTP, but that Amethyst Dreams is
totally stunning. What a lovely job you are doing!!

Sharon (N.B.)
Old December 23rd 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 12/23/08 10:21 AM, "Donna" wrote:

Lost the first post, so let's try again.

After checking out Ellice's photos, I realized it's been nearly a year
since I updated my own.

Hmm - I understand that feeling - and took some of mine down.

I remedied that. Check out Donna's stuff on RCTP.

Included a progress pic of Amethyst Dreams, which Ellice taught last
summer. I renamed mine to In the Midnight Hour, for obvious reasons if
you look at it.

It's not that I don't love purple. I do. Amethyst is my birthstone.
It's just that I have no place in my house for purple, except if I am
wearing it. So I went with black, silver, and gray. I need to finish
soon if I'm getting this into Woodlawn.

Donna in Virginia

LOL - we're sure in the rush to get our pieces done. I must add that
Donna's is simply gorgeous - my DH loves it and thinks it's very elegant.
I'll put up a photo of my Amethyst Dreams - which is actually in a deep
blue/purple set of colors. The original is in grey & rosy kind of amethyst.
If we're lucky, a couple of the other pieces from the class will be with
Donna's & mine for Woodlawn. Unfortunately they have an earlier deadline
for entries this year - bah!

Ellice

Old December 26th 08, 11:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
pecan[_3_]

Sharon wrote:
On Dec 23, 11:21 am, Donna wrote:
Lost the first post, so let's try again.

After checking out Ellice's photos, I realized it's been nearly a year
since I updated my own.

I remedied that. Check out Donna's stuff on RCTP.

Included a progress pic of Amethyst Dreams, which Ellice taught last
summer. I renamed mine to In the Midnight Hour, for obvious reasons if
you look at it.

It's not that I don't love purple. I do. Amethyst is my birthstone.
It's just that I have no place in my house for purple, except if I am
wearing it. So I went with black, silver, and gray. I need to finish
soon if I'm getting this into Woodlawn.

Donna in Virginia

You have a lot of beautiful work on RCTP, but that Amethyst Dreams is
totally stunning. What a lovely job you are doing!!

Sharon (N.B.)

I still don't know how to find them.
Old December 27th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

pecan wrote:
Sharon wrote:
On Dec 23, 11:21 am, Donna wrote:
Lost the first post, so let's try again.

After checking out Ellice's photos, I realized it's been nearly a year
since I updated my own.

I remedied that. Check out Donna's stuff on RCTP.

Included a progress pic of Amethyst Dreams, which Ellice taught last
summer. I renamed mine to In the Midnight Hour, for obvious reasons if
you look at it.

It's not that I don't love purple. I do. Amethyst is my birthstone.
It's just that I have no place in my house for purple, except if I am
wearing it. So I went with black, silver, and gray. I need to finish
soon if I'm getting this into Woodlawn.

Donna in Virginia

You have a lot of beautiful work on RCTP, but that Amethyst Dreams is
totally stunning. What a lovely job you are doing!!

Sharon (N.B.)

I still don't know how to find them.

It is the rec.crafts.textiles.needlework.photos website on Yahoo.

You need to be a member to see the photos, but if you identify
yourself as a stitcher, I know our kindly administrator will let you
join. The photos are great, and I need to get busy and update mine.

MargW
Old December 29th 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
pecan[_3_]

MargW wrote:
pecan wrote:
Sharon wrote:
On Dec 23, 11:21 am, Donna wrote:
[...]

Thanks.
I've just spent about 20 hours without electricity, and 2 days without
water, and no idea when we'll we'll have water again!
At least i can get the Internet again!!! And you guys can't smell me.

Catherine
Old December 29th 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/29/08 2:25 PM, in article , "pecan"
wrote:

MargW wrote:
pecan wrote:
Sharon wrote:
On Dec 23, 11:21 am, Donna wrote:
[...]

Honey, I'll see that 20 hours and raise you - I'm still getting past the
chaos of 6 days with out power.

At least it is summer for you.

Cheryl

Old December 30th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
pecan[_3_]

wrote:

MargW wrote:
pecan wrote:
Sharon wrote:
On Dec 23, 11:21 am, Donna wrote:
[...]

I sympathise. What happens to all the food that goes off in that time?
Is there some kind of assistance? Yours was "an act of God", whereas
ours is incompetence and "why should I work over Christmas?".
Infuriating. Do you at least have water? If I wasn't worried about the
expense of the power outage and irritated by my dependence on my
computer I could cope with that, but the lack of water just KILLS me.

Anyway, it's back. The water, that is. So I can finally shower and
wash my hair (it's been 4 days).

Catherine
Old December 30th 08, 12:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

MargW wrote:
pecan wrote:
Sharon wrote:
On Dec 23, 11:21 am, Donna wrote:
[...]

At the end of the third full day, we moved to a hotel as there was no
running water or heat and it was COLD. Tossed the contents of the fridge and
freezer. Since the "frog pond" (a small creek) wasn't frozen, we used that
to "flush" the toilets, drained the pipes......and found a room. DD showered
and hit the pool all three nights we were out of the house.

Kids still made hockey (DH got the schedules off the web at work), we both
got some time in at work and DS took showers after practices or games in the
toasty warm locker rooms. DD was discouraged to find that the rink were she
had three games had no showers.

Cheryl

some photos KJ Quilting 41 June 11th 07 02:43 AM
MQX photos Wren Quilting 14 April 25th 06 01:34 PM
new photos up Idahoqltr Quilting 6 March 5th 06 04:30 AM
Photos up! Coleen Quilting 1 August 16th 04 02:11 PM