Winter Solstice, another take

Old December 22nd 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
jeanne-nzlstar*

Default Winter Solstice, another take

what about those of us who live in the southern hemisphere?
our view of the sky is not the same as those of you up north.
Dec 21st is our summer solstice.
now the days start getting shorter, tho many long summer evenings to enjoy
still.
j.

Jangchub wrote:
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

On December 21st, the sun reaches its nadir on this travels across
Earth's horizons, an event we call the Winter Solstice. The Sun
appears to hesitate for the next three days before beginning its
six-month return to zenith on June 21st, which we call the Summer
Solstice.

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to --

Solstice prezzie from DH Anne in CA Quilting 23 December 23rd 05 11:31 PM
OT - Happy Solstice! frood Quilting 19 December 22nd 05 08:26 PM
OT - Solstice Johanna Gibson Quilting 29 June 29th 05 10:32 PM
Summer Solstice Joan8904 Quilting 15 May 22nd 04 01:10 PM
A joyous solstice to all! spampot Yarn 5 December 22nd 03 02:45 PM