Puffy Couching

Old December 19th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default Puffy Couching

Instead of doing exactly as displayed on the URL below, I plan to fold over
several strands of different colors of size 5 perle cotton to start the
puffing. I haven't found a site that tells you what to do with the ends after
an area is filled. HELP!!!

Here's a picture of one type of puffy couching:

http://www.artsanddesigns.com/images...y_couching.jpg

--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old December 19th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

From my experience with Casalguidi, the ends are underneath . . . but
this is an entirely different embroidery and I'm not sure what you're doing.

Dianne

anne wrote:
Instead of doing exactly as displayed on the URL below, I plan to fold over
several strands of different colors of size 5 perle cotton to start the
puffing. I haven't found a site that tells you what to do with the ends after
an area is filled. HELP!!!

Here's a picture of one type of puffy couching:

http://www.artsanddesigns.com/images...y_couching.jpg

--
Affordable & Creative Website Design - including Flash and more.
No Templates. Designed Just For You! http://Kanen5Designs.com
Old December 20th 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

anne wrote:
I'm doing a generic free style/surface embroidery piece. There will probably be
6-8 separate strands that'll form the line of couching. Are you saying that
after the couching is completed, one takes each strand individually to the
back? That makes sense ;-)

I'm trying to learn the 'right' way, rather than come up with my own way.

That's the way I did it on a project I worked on years ago! Also,
that's the way heavy, metallic couched threads on kimono fabrics
(Japanese Embroidery) are finished off. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old December 20th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

And that's the way corded pin stitching, chinelle, and trailings are
worked: the ends are at the back.

But in lace stitching, often the ends are bent over and caught up in the
overcast stitches. But I don't think you'll want to do that on this piece.

I simply wouldn't leave them on the surface unless that's the look you
want. So much of contemporary embroidery is simply getting the "look"
and never minding the usual conventions.

Would be nice to see the results of this project.
Dianne

Couching threads frood Quilting 7 February 3rd 06 02:17 PM
couching questions anne Needlework 4 September 25th 05 02:47 PM
Or Nue or Italian Couching [email protected] Needlework 1 September 7th 05 06:50 AM
[AD] **New at Trash City** Shell, Puffy Ovals, Crosses, Nemos and spookies! Trashcitybeads Beads 2 September 4th 03 10:07 PM
Rose Quartz Puffy Heart Tante Lina Beads 16 July 20th 03 05:54 AM