OT Challenges of being a gimp- long and ridiculous!

Old June 13th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default OT Challenges of being a gimp- long and ridiculous!

I try to get creative to save my energy. It's driving The HairyButt Gang
nutz! To do laundry, I shove the basket of dirty clothing ahead of me with
the walker leg all the way to the laundry room. They think I'm chasing a
horrible creature and bark at this 'basket thing' that smells like mom and
has invaded our home. To carry the empty basket back to the bedroom, I put
it over my head. Ohmigosh! The 'basket thing' is trying to eat mom from
the head down! Bark! Bark! Bark!

I needed to re-stock the bathroom tissue in the master bathroom, so I went
to the linen closet for more rolls. I could only fit two rolls in the
carrier I made for my walker. So I stuck one roll into my athletic bra and
two more rolls down my pajama pants to save making several trips. Now mom
is horribly disfigured- bark at this horrible disease that attacked mom
while her head was inside the closet!

I lay in bed with my feet up on a big, fat pillow and read cuz I'm having
troubles with swollen ankles. I move my feet around under the covers to try
get that retained water moving. The HairyButts are convinced that there's
some kind of tall, wiggly monster under the blankets and sometimes they find
it necessary to attack and destroy rather than just growl at it. It's gotta
be the 'basket monster' that sneaked into 'our' bed and is eating mom from
the feet up this time, right? Bark! Attack! Bark!

Since the front porch is where I feed my kitty and there's two steps I
cannot go outside to get her bowl, fill it and return it to her- the way
I've served her meals for about ten years now. So I stand in the open
doorway and pour the food into her dish from waist height. Buttercup keeps
looking at the sky wondering how come it's started raining kitty kibble.
She looks at the sky with hope in her eyes many times a day- maybe it will
start raining kibble again??? The bluejays have found her dry cat food
there on the porch and chase her away so they can steal her food. We put a
motion activated frog yard ornament next to her feed bowl hoping the
croaking noise would frighten the bluejays away. Buttercup is quite
disgusted to be serenaded by the frog while she's trying to eat her meal.

When the ferocious wheelchair is on the prowl, it appears to be carrying mom
off against her will- running a crookedy path thru the house with mom
grumbling and complaining every inch of the way and running over canine feet
and tails every chance it gets (and getting stuck every few feet requiring
some backing and and forthing and cussing). Where is it taking her? Will
she ever be back??? Bark. Bark. Bark.

There has never been too many dull moments living with my HairyButt Gang,
but they are getting fewer and further between. Give me strength..... LOL

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old June 13th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Liz A.

LOL! Now, the only thing missing in that story is my whacko prozac
boy! Yes, my dear, sweet psycho dog is on prozac, not that it seems to
make that much difference. And he will bark at absolutely ANYTHING,
including the phone ringing.

Liz A.
Kent, WA
http://picasaweb.google.com/dittodog

Old June 13th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh Leslie, this is priceless. I have tears running down my face from
laughing at the thought of the torment the furbabies are going through
(not to mention your own anguish)!
You have such a wicked sense of humour - I'm so glad you felt like
exercising it just now. I think it was the toilet tissue exercise that
made me splutter out loud and get tummy ache g

And, as for poor Buttercup ... ....

In message , Leslie & The Furbabies
in MO. writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 13th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

I shared most of your post with our friend who's had most of the discs in
her back welded or something. She only has two wee little Yorkies to
question her recovery. My favorite part was the 'raining Kibbles' from
above. Hurting with Patti, Polly

Old June 13th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Buttercup is so funny because she is totally entranced and enchanted as she
concentrates on watching the dish that is magically refilling with blessings
from the sky. She never looks up and sees that *I* am the one making it
happen. She watches that amazing, wonderful dish magically filling with
kibble.... prolly wondering why this hasn't been happening for the past ten
years. Maybe she thinks I am standing in the open doorway in amazed wonder
watching it fill, too?

Critters! LOL

Leslie & The Maniac Furbabies in MO.

Old June 13th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

This is hysterical Leslie. I can only relate a little, because last year,
when I broke my leg & they sent me home on crutches, I proceeded to fall off
the crutches the first night. DH freaked & went out the next morning & got
a wheelchair for me. My dog liked to lie under the chair (got to be close
to mama, huh?), so I had to be very careful every time I moved the chair.
He only had his tail run over a few times till we worked out a deal. Good
luck with your recovery. Humor helps a lot!

Pauline
Northern California

Old June 13th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
[...]

Oh, Leslie, I know this must all be beyond frustrating, but you had me
in stitches here as I read your account! I can just see the HBG trying
to protect you from the various monsters and Buttercup anxiously
awaiting the next serving of "manna from heaven". ROFLOL!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) embarqmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)
Old June 13th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Oh my heavens! This is so funny and you've written it so well I can just
picture each scenario. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us. I
hope this means you're on the mend. Keep on keeping on!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old June 13th 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marsha

On Jun 13, 1:22 pm, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
[...]

Please, please, quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to come up for
air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, please, please keep writing,

Marsha in Hysteria, OH

Old June 14th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA \(state\)

Lord in heaven. I want some of the drugs they are giving you!! I laughed
so hard, I nearly spilt my wine.

--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

Quilt Challenges Kate G. Quilting 1 February 12th 07 05:30 PM
Corinabeads and challenges Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 152 September 8th 04 04:57 PM
Ebay Auction this has to be the most ridiculous one yet Jenny L Beads 11 May 14th 04 12:37 AM
how do i start the gimp Kesa921 Knots 2 May 13th 04 12:21 PM
AD: Fiery Heart on eBay... ridiculous opening bid! Kalera Stratton Beads 8 April 4th 04 08:49 AM