Knotting: For Shirley and the Curious

Old July 18th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default Knotting: For Shirley and the Curious

Shirley -- let me know when your knotting progressess to where you can
make me one of these? I am in love with this necklace:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful-Carved...QQcmdZViewItem

Becki

Old July 19th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Becki,

Those neck cords are mass produced. I saw them at several booths at the
B&B show, in a variety of colors. They even have them at my LBS for an
exhorbitant price, lol.

Barbara
Beader and Polymer Clay Crusader

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.

Old July 19th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Barb -- COOL. Does the mass produced variety include the part for the
drop? It is wrapped and I love it.

Old July 19th 06, 06:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

I doubt if I would ever get that good LOL
On Monday night there were 12 of us doing the "Prosperity Knot" and
there were many swear words and groans.
I must have got asked 6 times to tighten the knot because one big loop
could not be made smaller by the other ladies.

I think the general consensus was that we have done one and we are not
too fussed to do more.
For my classmates Chinese knotting went down like a lead balloon.
It was not me that suggested it in the first place.
It all came about because someone had bought a necklace at a craft fair,
and another wanted to make one like it. So a book was bought and I was
the idiot chosen to study it. LOL
Shirley

In message om,
writes
Shirley -- let me know when your knotting progressess to where you can
make me one of these? I am in love with this necklace:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful-Carved...mZ320006570491
QQihZ011QQcategoryZ45404QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Becki

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old July 19th 06, 09:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Hi!

There's a seller on eBay with these cords....

http://tinyurl.com/zsxnx

The seller's user id is flameonglass. No affiliation, etc.

Have fun....

Best,
Deborah

Old July 19th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

They are very nice, cheaper than I can buy the cord for.
I wonder if there any in UK.
Shirley

In message om,
writes

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful-Carved...emZ32000657049

Old July 19th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

yes - it includes a place for the pendant. Now my only problem is that I
can't remember which sellers had them so I can look them up online for
you. I"ll keep noodling at it.

Old July 19th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Thanks Deborah -

Flameon has nice lampwork as well. She's a regular poster on some of the
glass forums, I believe.

Old July 19th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Hi!

And here's another vendor:
http://ggglass.com/catalog.php?category=25

I knew I saw them somewhere else, but for the life of me I couldn't
remember until now. This person seems to have a much bigger selection,
too.

Best,
Deborah

Old July 19th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Thank you all!!! I am completely in love with these and want them in
all colors.

Shirley -- I always thought making that stuff was crazy work, and feel
the same way about seed bead work. LOLOLOLOL

Becki